“A Night to Remember”

Toolooa Gardens Motel and Apartments
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Gladstone
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Toolooa Gardens Motel with friends in a two bedroom apartment, for a function. The accommodation was faultless, the staff were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The whole experience for myself and my friends was enjoyable and a night to remember. Thanks Again. I would and hopefully will stay again and highly recommend every aspect. :D

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Galey747

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Toolooa Gardens in a standard motel room for 1 night as part of a Queensland road trip.

For a motel room, the rooms were very spacious. However the rooms are very dated.

A nice surprise was that a cereal breakfast pack was included for no extra cost.

The location is a little out of the way from the centre of Gladstone and I’m glad we had our navigator to find it. Unfortunately being an industrial town, the truck noise started very early and the room didn’t insulate this noise very well.

Under normal circumstances, the room cost was expensive for what you get, however Gladstone is a different market all together with hotel rooms in very short supply. Given this situation, the cost was quite reasonable for Gladstone.

All up, it did the job well for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hollc
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family and I stayed here in August 2011. We were pleasatly surprised when we arrived and got our keys. The car parking is a little tricky but apart from that, they are great little apartments! We were in a two bedroom, two storey apartment. It was clean and tidy with really comfy beds. I booked it for a fantastic price on wotif.com I would recommend this place to stay.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank liliz
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Unfortunately with the boom in Gladstone all Motels are way overpriced now. It is hard to find a motel at all especially as so many are booked on a permanent basis by bigger players for their workers. Where you once paid about a hundred bucks for a room, now you would have to find around three hundred for the same room. The Toolooa Gardens is old and tired, but always clean and tidy and along with friendly service and helpful staff, is not a bad place to crash for the night. It is also close enough to walk to the Yarella Club for a great meal and a few one armed bandits!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Geoff W
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was most impressed when I recently stayed with my grandaughter at Toolooa Gardens. Last year I booked my daughter and grandaughter for a 2 night stay into one of the apartments and because she was extremely happy I made the decision to give it a try. It is not always easy to find accommodation in Gladstone, particularly accommodation that is well priced. Our room was spacious and well set out with a queen bed on one side and a large single on the other. There was a comfortable sofa and lounge chair, a microwave, small fridge, toaster, kettle and crockery & cutlery and plenty of bench space which is quite often lacking in hotels and motels. There was also an iron and ironing board and a large wardrobe for guests having an extended stay and who want to unpack their suitcase. The TV could be viewed from both bed positions. My grandaughter took lots of activity items and even when these were strewn on the floor there was still plenty of room to move around them. There is a BBQ for guests to use. The grounds are lovely.
The bathroom was old and definately in need of updating but is was clean and complimentary toiletries were provided so I would not really call this a negative. The fan over my bed did not work and because I do not like airconditioning I found this annoying.
On one morning I was woken up very early by the sound of vehicles leaving the premises and a petrol tanker filling the tanks at the petrol station accross the road. There would be few accommodation facilities in Gladstone these days that do not have workmen with trucks and utes staying at them and who leave for work early - not much that can be done about this situation unfortunately.
The room was nicely decorated and modern. It was also very clean. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
I will definately stay here again and recommend it to others.
P.S. My sister booked into a very well known hotel chain and paid much more and received a lot less. She too will now be staying at Toolooa Gardens.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further away from the car park and road. It is hard to find budget accommodation in G...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank noelmaree
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have recently stayed at Toolooa Gardens Motel & Apartments and was very pleased with my room allocation. I think it might be a case of you get what you pay for. My bedroom was the one displayed on the trip advisor. Overall, the accommodation was excellent and the gardenswere beautiful. I stayed in a two bedroom apartment where the patio overlooks the
pool area. The apartment was upstairs & and downstairs and very
spacious. Huge patios, plus kitchenette, lounge area and a washing machine
Thank you Toolooa Gardens I will be coming again.

A very happy customer

Alice Macdonald

Room Tip: Choose the 1 or 2 Bedroom Apartment as they are the rooms featured on the website.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Alice M
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This place is foul. So old fashioned and so expensive. Looks like it hasn't been updated since the '60s. Just painted brick walls, pokey little shower with broken soap dish, a/c leaked onto old carpet, the whole place just very depressing. Came ome covered in bites........bed bugs anyone??! Agree with previous reviewers way over priced, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family