“Extremely disappointing -”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Gladstone
Sydney, Australia
“Extremely disappointing -”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was extremely disappointing.... for the money paid I did not expect anything glamorous, but i did expect something clean.

There were ants running along the breakfast bench and up the wall... when I went to have a shower the shower head constantly kept dropping down on me and i had to tighten it repeatedly until finally i could enjoy the water pressure. The bathroom tap continuously ran... not dripped... it was running... i tried to stop it but couldn't.

And the icing on the cake.... i pulled back the bed cover and there was a piece of Crumb? A black thing which i think was a dead bug and what looked to be a pubic hair on the sheet... I was very very disturbed... I brushed those off cause it was very late but i had to peel the sheet right back and look under it... just in case.

The check in and check out were easy, but when I explained what had been my experience she just looked at me blankly... not even an apology.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Megsta21
Michelle J, Owner at Siesta Villa Motor Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2016
Hello,

we are going through old reviews as we have recently taken over this business. We have worked hard on addressing the issues of the past and we can assure you that these problems do not occur anymore. We are happy with the improvements we have achieved as the new owners.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Gladstone is a difficult city to get value for money accommodation, especially during the working week. The room we had at the Siesta Villa Motor Inn was showing it's age but was clean and comfortable. The owners are very welcoming and helpful.
The road at the front is quite busy during the day but quietens down during the night. The only noise problem we had was a noisy drainpipe outside our room. Luckily we only had a bit of rain but it was quite loud and would keep you awake.
Access from the road into the Motor Inn and the car park might be a bit challenging if you have a large vehicle though.
The location is quite good as it is within a block or two of shops and cafes and is across the road from a lot of the sporting clubs.
As far as basic, clean and comfortable accommodation goes, this is probably one of the better value places in Gladstone. I'd especially recommend it to anyone in town for the local sporting activities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gazz63
Merrimac, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my first visit to Gladstone and I was presently surprised at how conveniently placed this motel was in town. Shops, bars and sports club all within walking distance. The room was upstairs and I was delighted to see that there was a balcony with sliding doors overlooking a park with a view.
The room was spacious with a large foyer area as you enter the main room and had a small bathroom with modest furnishings and the usual conveniences- microwave, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities.
Staff were friendly and accommodating. They even offered to service our room last so we could sleep in as we arrived later in the evening (a nice gesture from management), as we were tired from the days travelling and that gave us a little bit of a sleep in.
I would certainly recommend this motel to travellers and would definitely consider staying here, if I was to travel to Gladstone again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bitzy41
Palm Beach, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

After reading the previous post I admit to being very apprehensive but still thought it may be worth trying. I wasn't disappointed

Even though they were fully booked and turning away enquirers and we were running late to get there and not contactable.The staff still honored our original phone booking (unpaid) and held our room.

Travelers may not be aware that Gladstone is a boom town so to go and find any accommodation in some months is always a bonus. hence our earlier phone inquiry. Many north Queensland towns are in similar situations so be warned.

Welcomed and treated as we would expect and directed upstairs to a clean and fairly modern room, overlooking the main road. Now this would concern some, but trying to be open minded, I decided it was quite nice and opened the sliding door to a tiny balcony overlooking the hockey fields across the road. private and quiet especially considering the location of the room.

Its the little things that count. for instance, as we were checking in it was mentioned to me that I could have a little sleep in instead of meeting my allotted check out time. Realising we were tired from the days travel, the staff offered to clean our room last to allow this to happen.

After unpacking and settling in we decided to go for a stroll, turns out its only a few blocks from the main street of downtown Gladstone so much closer to everything than i expected. Eventually came back to the room, unpacked our prior purchase of dinner, and enjoyed the Austar movies on show and the WIFI connection

In all i would recommend this motel to all my friends. All the staff were very polite and the rooms were quite clean and nicely presented. a nice all round experience :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gigglehat
Payson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Traveling through Australia stopped in Gladstone for the night. Big mistake! The town is having a coal mining boom and we found the last room available at the Siesta Villa. It's rated a 3 star. They wanted $220.00 for a single queen. Outrageous. But we were willing to pay that because we had no choice and the next nearest town was another hour and a half drive.
When we went up to the room the curtains were falling off the windows, there were ants crawling across the wall above the bed, and the bedspread looked like it had possibly never been washed, ever. We checked out and drove on. The place was a dump!
They receptionist said they are charging these rates because they can. Sad.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Paula S
Hello,
I know it makes no difference now, but we are the new owners of this business and can assure you that these business practices do not happen anymore. We took over on the 1st of july this year 2016, and worked hard to improve the cleanliness and the value. we are a self rated 3 star Motel and our rooms now start from $65.00. I apologize for the past issues you received from the previous management.