“Nice apartment & comfy bed”

Gladstone City Central Apartment Hotel
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here recently for 1 night on business. I had a studio on the top floor. All in all I was very happy with the place. the room was spacious and nicely decorated.
The balcony didnt really have much of a view, but I guess that is the luck of the draw.
The bed was really comfy, I slept like a baby, which is important.
All in all a nice place close to shops.

If I am in the area again I would more than likely stay here. The only set back for me there was no gym or pool which is something I normally look for when booking. That is just my preference.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Greg W, General Manager at Gladstone City Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Gladstone City Central Apartment Hotel. We are glad that you were happy with the bed and had a good sleep and you enjoyed the central location.

Kind regards
Shelly Whitehead

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The room was an over priced corridor. When I get an apartment I expect it to look like the pictures on their website. There was one room, one really, really long room, with no separate bedroom. The TV sound was so bad I could not use it. There were long black hairs everywhere and the views are of someone's back yard filled with junk. When I complained about the room I was told "sorry you feel that way". There is cheaper accommodation with a pool same distance to town, from now on I will be using that.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Greg W, General Manager at Gladstone City Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

At Gladstone City Central we pride ourselves in delivering the best accommodation in Gladstone and competitive rates, The Televisions do work well, and we sort any issues out immediately for guests, which we would have done with this guest.

I strongly suggest that this guest call me directly as I always encourage this to discuss their issues directly with Management. Gladstone City Central also is always happy to receive fair criticism, I also suggest that any guest wanting to stay check around town first, and we encourage inspections of our apartments. You will find out that we have lovely clean spacious apartments, with well sized balconies.

Have a read of the Don't tell anyone else heading review this one shows that there are inconsistencies in Tridadvisor reviews.

Best Wishes for the New Year to all of our loyal repeat guests.

Greg Whitehead
Operations Manager
0404 893 743

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The problem with finding a great place to stay and telling others is that it becomes harder to book in ! This is my 2nd stay here in the last month and a staying in a place for a week at a time you get to really find its weaknesses and where it needs to improve. Gladstone City Central apartments is a great place to stay , the studio room i have is comfortable, a good size with great amenities. The building has undercover parking and is well located with access to the CBD. The real asset this place has are its staff . Karen and Georgia on reception are the gems here . Courtesy, professionalism and great service. They are there to help with any requests you throw in their direction. The GM Shelley is the same and they have obviously learnt from her.
So what improvements could there be ? not many realistically - no pool here but has foxtel , internet can be a tad slow at times but thats Gladstone for you.Possibly a stove top as if you want to cook a microwave is limiting but that is getting picky.
Price is up there but Good value for Gladstone which is an expensive town to visit and i will be back providing i can book in so please don't tell anyone !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your wonderful review, we really appreciate honest good feedback, and also positive feedback. Our staff work really hard to achieve the cleanliness, and also guest standards overall.

Have a wonderful New Year.

Best Wishes

Greg, Shelly and the Team

Gladstone City central

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a two bedroom apartment everything was to our liking the staff were especially friendly and so helpful! Beds were comfortable and clean and the location was perfectly central to everything. We had left some items behind in the room and a staff member called us to say they would send it to us in the post so sweet! Thank you for a lovely stay! Full credit to the fantastic staff you truly make the place what it is - thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Surprised by the 2 negative reviews, wonder if they actually got the right hotel because these apartments are great. Exactly like picture above and on their website. They are very clean
modern apartments. With everything I needed when staying away from home on a business trip. Also appreciated the Pod Coffee Machine. This is a great 4.5 apartment style regional hotel no it is not a luxury seaside resort but it is modern, clean, central Gladstone apartment with welcoming staff and I for sure will stay here again when I come to Gladstone and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight stop on a trip from far Nth Qld to Brisbane and for a change veered off the main highway as we had never been to Gladstone. The apartment we had was a three bedroom top floor apartment although we only required two bedrooms. It was well set up for staying as a residence with all amenities provided - fully equipped kitchen, laundry, bathrooms and even a spa bath in one. The rooms were large and there was a good sized balcony with views over Gladstone City and port/harbour. The apartment was located near to a main street shopping strip but to our surprise most businesses were closed when we arrived at about 4:30 pm on a Wednesday afternoon. So we had to drive further to replenish our supplies for meals at a Woolworths down the road about 5 minutes drive. Reception staff was scarce (gone) after 5 so we found our own way around town - although they were most helpful in the morning with directions and advice. In all, it was a very convenient location in Gladstone, and would suit several nights or more stay for a self catering holiday or longer term accommodation for workers. It was interesting to see the massive harbour and aluminum/bauxite plants during our stopover.

Room Tip: Note - there was no fitness centre or swimming pool, I cannot get it deleted from the entry
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Greg W, General Manager at Gladstone City Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your positive response. We do appreciate good feedback and always value good responses. We hope that you stay again and please don't hesitate to contact us regarding your accommodation requirements, or if appropriate meeting and conference needs.

Thanks again regards

Greg & Shelly

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stopped here a number of times while working in Gladstone... The units are modern with a great feel about them... The staff are friendly and helpful, and the bed is very comfy!... Being set back one block from the main street, the units are handy to all shops and restaurants... There is a secure carpark underneath, but this is not suitable for 4x4's over 1900mm high... Over all, a nice quiet place to rest your head... PS, each unit has a great coffee machine :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business