“Fine but”

Scotties
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I dined here alone on a business trip. The food was fine. Actually the oysters very good. However I ordered a bottle of wine and the waitress looked at me as if I was a chronic alcoholic saying "a whole bottle, just for yourself". I never recovered from the accusation and will be unlikely to return because of it although I do visit Gladstone often!

1  Thank desward

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I can't fault the menu, customer service or standard of food at Scottie's. The whole experience is always amazing. A definite recommendation when in Gladstone!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Have been here several times - sometimes just for entrees, as sometimes the main meals can be a bit of a hit and miss, but we still come back as we love the atmosphere! Often there is a musician playing across the road on a Saturday night, so sitting outside is a nice experience.
Oysters kilpatrick is always something we order, and the scallops are also very nice!
I love duck, so often order that for main. Sometimes it is over cooked though. For around $30 it is a pretty pricey meal to be overcooked and not come with much veg. We always order a side of steamed veg as the mains themselves aren't very filling.
Have also had the eye fillet, which was nice.
Overall, it is pricey, but you know this when you book. It and rocksalt are the best places to eat out with friends in gladstone.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had our friends Hen's night at Scottie's on a Saturday night and loved the place! We had the room out the back so it was closed off and private with enough room for everyone. The staff were more than accomodating after we arrived quite early to start setting up.

The entire staff were wonderful and great fun and the food was delish! There was also a wedding reception going on at the same time so it was really busy but our meals were still quite quick and hot.

All and all very happy with how the night turned out and would reccomend for anyone looking for a nice place for a function.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had not been to Scottie's for some time, but the recent visit was largely the same. A fantastic tasting feed, but too long a wait for it to come. I had the fish special of the day....a salmon with a risotto. The size of the portion was ok, but many others at the table (a group of 10) were still hungry. Service was just too slow and it was over two hours after entree and mains. Shame because the food was really nice.