“Wow..BNB!”

Ranked #37 of 162 Restaurants in Coolangatta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I can't believe people would write such bad stuff after one bad experience. I have been a regular at most of the restaurants in the Burleigh area for a long time and I have to admit, they have all had their bad nights, some more than others. But hey, everyone has their bad moments!! I have been to BNB so many times and I go back because the guys there are so nice and it brings back so many memories of when I travelled through Spain and Italy! I love their pizzas, I don't hesitate in recommending BNB to friends and family as I always look pretty cool after they have been there and tried it for themselves! Don't change BNB, I love what you are doing!!

1  Thank Peta B

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I went to Bread n' Butter with some friends and was blown away by the food, cocktails and the warm atmosphere created by the really friendly staff whom went out of there way to make sure we had an incredible experience. This is the first time i've had real italian pizza and spanish recipes made by the real deal!! This place is a local secret with an international level of service!! I've been on the coast and travelled afar and this one of my favourite venues on the globe.. a must visit on the coast. It's full of art, culture, a funky DJ/turntablist, and smack bang on the beautiful Kirra beach. I highly recommend all to experience.

2  Thank FreddyHoller
Reviewed August 4, 2012

A group of us went to bread and butter tonight and were absolutely blown away by the food and friendliness of all staff that work there. As soon as we walked in we were greeted with a smile and many hellos as we walked down the corridor. We were asked on a number of occasions by the staff how our night was going and if we were enjoying what was served to us. The pizzas and tapas were served promptly and definately tasted as good as they looked. I would recommend it to all family and friends! We will be back bread and butter!

1  Thank Susannebailey
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Looking at some of the previous bad reviews and knowing my Oz son-in-law quite well I understand where some of you are coming from, ie not much topping. The problem is that the people who are putting the bad reviews have obviously never been outside Oz and expect pizzas like the ones they get from PizzaHut or Domino's et al.

The pizzas you get at Bread & Butter (rubbish name incidentally) are the Real McCoy. They are wood-fired pizzas and they have got it right with the base being the important bit and the toppings subtly adding to the flavour.

We've been living in Kirra for the last two months and without doubt the Bread & Butter (did I mention the awful name?) is probably one of the best Italian restaurants in Oz.

It is quite unbelievable that the outside looks like nothing but when you get inside and upstairs the restaurant could have been lifted from anywhere in Italy or France or wherever you fancy. The atmosphere is incredible incidentally.

I keep forgetting the name of the young chap who looked after my wife and I (and the family when they visited) but I dropped in today to give him a two dollar tip (us Scots don't give tips lightly) and also to congratulate him on the brilliant service they have given us over the last couple of months.

Bread & Butter in Kirra (did I mention the crap name?) has to be one of the best restaurants we have ever been in..... and that includes Australia, Europe, America and The World.

1  Thank ClashBrisbane
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Wow!!! I ordered 2 pizzas from Bread and Butter this evening for take away and they were both awful. Hardly any topping, cold on arrival and partially burnt. Having been their many times for celebrations I thought I would call the manager and let him know. He told me to bring them back and he would refund me in a very short and rude manner. When I explained that I lived in Tugun and that I wasn't looking for a refund but just to let him know I was extremely disappointed, as I am a regular patron he actually hung up on me! I will never return again. Bad food, terrible customer service, avoid at all cost pop around to Crust at Coolangatta instead who does amazing pizza with a smile.

5  Thank Coolangatta_Gold