“Surf Lesson Kirra”

Gold Coast Australia School of Surfing
Reviewed February 28, 2017

Had a great surfing lesson at Kirra with the guys from Go Ride a Wave. Ended up just being me in the class lesson so it was excellent. I even managed to get up and go for a few short rides. Loved it. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Peter F, Owner at Gold Coast Australia School of Surfing, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2017

Hey zx9rlfc,

Great to hear you had a good time learning to surf with us at Kirra. Even better that it was just you! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

- Peter

Reviewed January 25, 2016

Whist on Holidays on the Gold Coast @ Kirra I noticed Nancy Car Advertising Surfing Lessons. I had had several lessons in the past at other schools but was not particularly impressed. I grabbed one of the Brochures and did a bit of research and decided to give Nancy a call. She was extremely professional and ensured I was booked in at a time that suited my minimal skills. Upon meeting Nancy I was immediately impressed. I had a 2 hour lesson as recommended and it was outstanding. We spent the 1st part of the class learning exercises, the waves and the beach, all great knowledge to be able to handle the surf conditions. We did some practise and techniques on the beach and then hit the waves. 1st Wave Up and standing and riding the wave into the beach. I was pumped. We did a few more trips around to the rocks & Kirra and then paddled out to our desired location. Caught a few more waves and then time was up. The Best Lesson ever.

If you are looking for a Surf School to learn how to Surf then Nancy is the ONLY place to learn. I will definitely be back to learn more in the future.

Nancy E, Owner at Gold Coast Australia School of Surfing, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2016

Aloha! And Thank you so very much!! On TripAdvisor they don't say who it is, but wold to Love to know who wrote such Kind & sweet words about my teaching and school.
Please text me so I know who this is. Warmest Aloha! And Thank you so much!
Nancy Emerson 0413-380-933

Reviewed November 25, 2015

I did a 3 day private surfing lesson course with Nancy Emerson on the Gold Coast.

We worked on my technique and ran through all the basics which was a real game changer for me. I had mostly just gone surfing before and tried to teach myself but was making a lot of basic mistakes without realizing it.

I caught a lot of waves and rode them better than I ever have before. Nancy gave me really simple advice that made surfing easy. I highly recommend getting some lessons with Nancy and learning how to surf well and ride waves all the way to the beach.

If you are frustrated with your surfing or are wanting to speed up your learning curve then I would highly recommend investing in some lessons and learning how to do it from the pro.

1  Thank Matt K

Dear Matt Aloha! Sorry thought my response went to you but I guess it didn't .
Thank you so much for your lovely review!!! How is surfing been going in Texas in this winter there? I'm playing on being in Oahu & Maui after the 12th of April for 3.5 weeks in case you want to come and work on your surfing. But even if that doesn't work out I have great surf instructors on both islands. Wishing you all the Best and Thanks so much again for your review!
Aloha & Mahao!