“Great spot to stay”

Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Coolangatta
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Apartment was lovely - even better that we were upgraded on arrival. Can't prIse the staff enough - they were fabulous. Location is terrific - everything in walking distance and airport if only minutes away. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Two bed apartment was booked and we were upgraded to double storey apartment.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCalypso, Manager at Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your words of praise to the Front Office Staff during your recent stay with us at Calypso Plaza. We were all happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future .

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

As expected Gold Coast family resort. A bit dirty in places but very good for what it is. Good value for money. Lovely views and close to everything with beach right across road. Reception helpful. Bethany especially so on check in

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Calypso Plaza Management and Staff would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Resort recently, I will ensure I pass on your words of appreciation to Bethany , I would like to apologise to you regarding any areas you felt were not up to Oaks Cleaning Standards, please feel free to call me at any time as I would love to hear from you to ensure that we rectify any areas of concern. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My partner & I booked cheapest room provided by resort & got a great rate for a week. We were pleasantly suprised by partial view we got of ocean. Room was very clean. some furnishings & curtains a little worn but nothing that detracted from feeling in comfort. Good little kitchenette helped save money. Location was great & pool was ok, bit crowded for us with kids & families but we were there for the beach. Perfect place for a relaxing stay rooms felt really private. Had a really good experience here when requested & got higher up room with little balcony & gorgous breezy outlook to sea (2nd or 3rd floor I think). Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013

We would love to welcome you back again in the near future to enjoy another relaxing break with us at Calypso Plaza Resort. The pool can be quite busy during the weekends especially when the weather is kind to us, as mentioned the beach is only a short stroll away where I am sure you found it slightly quieter, thank you for taking the time to review our Resort and we do hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I found the reservations staff to be most UNhelpful. They did not book us in as per our request for location. I would NEVER book through reservations again. Having said that, once we got there, the staff on reception were EXCEPTIONALLY helpful. They tried to move us to where we had asked to be located and couldn't do enough for us. Even prior to our arrival, I spoke to reception asking if there was a DVD player in our part of the 2 bedroom unit. There wasn't, but they went and found one and installed it. Fantastic people. The facilities are great. The rooms have everything you need. Location is awesome as well. The beach is across the road, along with a park for children. Eateries are great. You don't need a car while you're there. Only draw back is that the lifts are a bit slow and/or too busy to cope.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Calypso Plaza on Trip Advisor, I would like to apologise to you regarding what seems to have been an unpleasant experience when making your initial booking at Calypso Plaza , I will ensure that your feed back is passed on to those concerned. Thank you for your positive feed back on Front Office Staff I will pass on your words of praise to them all. I hope that we can welcome you back again to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

When we first checked into our room my biggest dilemma was whether to go to the pool, or head across the street to the beach! Our view was stunning and our room very comfortable. One evening we spent in the hot tub chatting with Australian locals which was a blast (we were there in May 2010). The location of the hotel is right on one end of the main street of Coolangatta, near to many restaurants and attractions, and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Facing the beach, hands down, gorgeous view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerCalypso, Front Office Manager at Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thankyou for your review on your recent stay at Oaks Calypso Plaza. I'm delighted to hear such positive feedback from your trip to Coolangatta. We are in a great location as you mentioned, only a short stroll to many restaurants and cafes. We hope to welcome you back to Coolangatta in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Coolangatta, I have always preferred to stay at the high rise apartments, however this time I decided to get a Wotif mystery deal and felt disappointed when I found out it was the Calypso. Boy was I wrong. We had a fantastic apartment room on level one, Being on level one was very relaxing, walk straight out to the pool and beach views across the road and no lifts to deal with!! The room was wonderful, the whole place is great. We had a slight problem checking in and the staff were fantastic getting us into our room while it was sorted out. We do not have any kids, but did not feel that it was inappropriate for a couple rather than a family. Maybe if you are looking for somewhere very private, quiet and romantic its not the place, but I was never bothered by any kids or noise. The beach is in walking distance as are many nice eateries / supermarkets, lookouts and Twin Towns. Would definitely stay again next time we visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room if you want beach views, I liked level one, but you may prefer higher leve...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara M
ManagerCalypso, Front Office Manager at Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Calypso Plaza. It is always nice to receive pleasant feedback from guests and I will endeavour to pass your comments on to our front office staff. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you during your stay and hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you stay in Coolangatta.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I often stay at the Oaks as it always delivers to my expectations. The Calypso Plaza didn't disappoint. It is a large resort but only 4 stories high, which is a little unusual for the Gold Coast. The resort is across from the beach on the southern end of Coolangatta. There are many shops and restaurants within walking distance, including 7/11, Aldi and a Centro shopping Centre with a Woollies, Coles & all of the other usual stores, a 15 minute walk away. Every morning I went for long walks along the beachside pathways -there is so much to explore. The markets were across the road on Sunday. The resort pool is great, with a small waterslide operating between 10 am & 3 pm. The walk to our room was along a long corridor but the views were spectacular, with with across to Surfers Paradise on clear days. The two-bedroom apartment we had was upstairs/downstairs, with a bathroom, laundry and two singles beds down, a kitchen, toilet, lounge, master bedroom with a queen bed and ensuite. There was also a balcony with an outdoor dining setting. The rooms were clean and had all of the necessary kitchen utensils, plates, bowls, pans etc. The tv's and dvds in all 3 rooms were modern. The reception staff were helpful and friendly. the only down side was the state of the carpets - the rooms looked relatively newly renovated but the carpets are old and need replacing. I felt i wanted to keep my shoes on. I would, however, opt to stay there again as it was spacious and is in a great location

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv2tvl8888
ManagerCalypso, Manager at Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us at Calypso Plaza Resort. As you have said we are quite centrally located to all facilities and the beautiful beach. All rooms are looking at a soft refurbishment in the near future, I hope that you will come and stay with us again where I am sure you will find our Resort rooms improved for the better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coolangatta
Mantra Coolangatta Beach
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Mantra Twin Towns
Mantra Twin Towns
#2 of 12 in Coolangatta

Been to Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort? Share your experiences!