I went against better judgement and booked here for 2 nts in order to attend a conference which was in Coolangatta. This area has really not taken off like Broadbeach. The hotel is dated and the cleaning in public areas was poor. The so called Executive is really not that. It had mismatched crockery, poor utensil option, (why are there never scissors in these places) no coffee pot, UHT milk, and no extras whatsoever. Not even a directory in room as to hotel facilities or options for eating/entertainment. The top floor is the lounge with views to beach but the balcony up here was surrounded by 8 ft concrete walls. The bottom area had a double room with a balcony. I hope when I pay extra I get more. Not so here, just another room in a resort. Lifts were slow. Service was efficient but did I feel "Welcome". No. Possibly better for families but unless you are paying prices similar to others I wouldnt bother. Seems a lot of places have failed to update interiors and believe it enough to continue trading as they did when they opened. Time to spruce up and create an ambience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks Calypso Plaza is a 4.5 star resort centrally located in the heart of Coolangatta, minutes from the airport and a variety of Gold Coast attractions and is located opposite the beautiful Coolangatta Beach. The resort features one and two bedroom self-contained apartments with full kitchen and laundry facilities, most with sheltered balconies that provide ocean or hinterland views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Calypso Plaza Hotel Coolangatta
- Oaks Calypso Plaza Coolangatta