“over priced & over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Burger Lounge - CLOSED

Burger Lounge
Cuisines: Bar, Fast Food, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coolangatta, Australia
“over priced & over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had heard many good reviews from friends about this place and was pretty excited to eat here but I was very disappointed. Firstly I was unable to wheel my pram in to the shop as both entrances were blocked, one with a high chair (in use) and the other no room to fit my pram thru as the way the table and stool was set up. (that was frustrating as I have two small children) so we had a takeaway instead no dramas as there is beachside park across the road. I had the ABC chicken burger, it had no taste what so ever, a massive bun with a small chicken breast on it, the bacon was small and mostly the fatty part, the tomato was the tomato bum and still had green things on it so I picked that out I was so not happy with this $16.50 burger I left most of it. My partner had the ''son of muthafunghi'' (beef and mushrooms) that tasted so much better than my burger. I must say the chips were awesome but $7.50 for a large that was pretty steep and it is not value for money.
I will definitely give this place another try as I am a local, and maybe I just picked the wrong burger..... but I wont be taking my kids with me due to my pram not fitting in the shop. I did think that the prices were a little steep: two burgers and chips $43...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rocky S

Sydney, Australia
“Great Food. Fantastic service. Really good beers too !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all this restaurant is in North Kirra not Coolangatta if your trying to find it. Really impressed with the place and stoked I found it thanks to Trip Advisor.
I had the basic burger -about $11 -great bun ,good meat and really good sauces especially the aoili. My GF had the Ring of Fire burger...which didn't have much heat but was still really good. Onion rings were nice too.
Other than the food the service was fantastic and major bonus point of having one of my favourite beers on tap - Burleigh brewers 28 Pale Ale.
Highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Awesome burgers, had a chicken burger but didnt see the cows with guns until after we ordered, defs would have gone this one if I went again.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Great burgers, but too long to wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went here today, burgers are 9/10 and their signature burger is a 10/10. Only 3 people were in here at lunch and we waited 10-15 minutes to be served and then 35 minutes for mini burgers. When it's not busy 40-45 minutes is too long to wait when we can get Grill'd in 10 minutes or less and receive burgers that are better value for money and taste nearly as good. Final note, would recommend trying this place to anyone as the burgers are excellent, but customer service & waiting times need to be improved.

1 Thank Dave495
Coolangatta, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very tasty burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you love a tasty burger then you must try a burger lounge burger. My family and I recently went to burger lounge and sampled some of the they have we had 2 tasting plates which were a great idea and very tasy. They were a little on the expensive side so be prepared for that but you wont be disappointed.