Bombora Resort Motel
$150
$136
  • Pool
Gold Coast Airport Motel(Coolangatta)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Mantra Coolangatta Beach(Coolangatta)(Great Value!)
$160
$141
  • Pool
Mantra Twin Towns(Coolangatta)(Great Value!)
$118
$104
$76
$70
$82
Nirvana By The Sea(Coolangatta)
Ocean Plaza Resort(Coolangatta)
  • Pool
All reviewsplenty of tea coffeestate of repairnearby parktown centrequiet locationroom was clean tidyshower cubiclegriffith streetthe ground flooramazing locationbit dateddecent sizeminute walklocal shopssnapperwalking distancewould stay again
Reviewed December 9, 2012

NO rating...it's so bad! WE visited for one night this weekend Dec 8 2012 as we couldn't get a place up the coast at short notice.. We had to park our new car up the hill and around the corner which was a worry,and carry our bags and gear all the way down to this dodgy dive of a motel as there was only a few park spots.. NOT A RESORT and does not even qualify for a motel. The room had a strange smell, dirty carpet, has a filthy bedspread which we removed off the bed. No shampoo etc which I thought was standard. Soap was 2 small unlatherable soaps and nothing else provided. The small green towels smelt like a child's rotten tonsils. Nearly made me sick having to use the towel. The shower was so small you could hardly move around in and the shower curtain mouldy. The sink was also the kitchen sink and there was a blue chux under the shower soap???? The pillows were flat. You felt like you didn't like to touch things....eeewwww!...and we had what they called a "superior" room!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yambaby
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the Bombora Resort Motel for 1 night when travelling from Brisbane to Sydney, found here on Triadvisor and booked day before. Its in a quiet location and was very clean and not too expensive, bathroom could do with an update but apart from that it was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carol_A_N
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this resort as we had an early flight out of the Gold Coast, I wouldn't stay again. This place has no right to call itself a resort, it is an outdated motel in much need of a makeover. The bed mattress was sagging in the middle, had a terrible nights sleep. The bathroom was really outdated and not the cleanest. The worst thing was the terrible loud noise that kept us awake half the night, not sure what it was but sounded like a freight train that kept coming and going all night. We were on the ground floor close to the pool, maybe it was some sort of filter or pipes but it was unbearably loud. The sliding door to the room was also very difficult to open as it is so old and the bed was so close to the door that it was difficult to get up and go to the bathroom. I think for the price that there are better options near the airport for next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Krish B
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Rooms are old fashioned but have everything you need. Room hadn't been made up when I let myself in but was quickly done when I reported it. Had room upstairs which had a balcony looking out over the park and was a great sun trap in the afternoon. There isn't a lift so ask for a bottom room if luggage as heavy as mine. Staff were very friendly and so helpful. Walk from the bus stop at Griffith street, through the park not where the GPS map will take you up the hill! Close to everything. Good value for money I thought.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
3  Thank Cougarcop
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We have stayed here many many times over the years, and when planning to return now, I was a bit concerned at some of the reviews.
But we are here RIGHT NOW, and I can tell you the food has never been so good... an EXCELLENT Chef............the Hosts and staff are as welcoming as ever. to even the newcomers; it's just their way.
Yes , the building is in a bit of a 70's timewarp, but clean and comfortable.
I am fussy about beds, but I am sleeping well here! And you wake up to lovely palm trees and a view across the park. It's a 2 min walk to the main street across that park.
It is a regular destination for retirees, Probus groups etc, so expect that when you come.
Our 7 day package is ALL INCLUSIVE. that includes scheduled day trips, night time entertainment, so the price for us was very good.
We plan to go further north for our second week, and we'll be paying for the modern buildings, but as there is nothing like Bombora, we except that, but we dont need it. ( We could stay on here but the scheduled day trips for next week are ones we've done before)
Any questions?? Do email me!!

Room Tip: ASK for one off the car park...it has the best views and no stairs. And tell Troy that 2 Old Hobartians told you to come!! He and his wife are the owners and live on site.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple