“Fantastic - can't fault it!!”

Kirra Surf Apartments
bendigo
“Fantastic - can't fault it!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights with our 6 month old and the inlaws in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment (room 105) and it was absolutely perfect!! The apartment is beautiful and the view is spectacular. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat.
The service was friendly and helpful and restaurants, convenience store etc is just a 10 minute walk away. The area is so much quieter than the tacky surfers paradise and only 5 mins from the airport.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank addicted2travel78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Kirra Surf Apartments are the perfect place to stay if you’re on the Gold Coast! Away from the bustle of Surfers Paradise, but close enough to the action of the beaches, shops, restaurants and more!! The apartments are within the tower and the views are just fantastic. The balcony is large and our 2 bedroom apartment was overlooking the beach – and on a day as perfect as ours, you could see everything right before the horizon. The rooms are decorated with beautiful contemporary furniture, the most comfortable lounge I’ve ever sat on, a spa bath in one of the 2 bathrooms, fully self contained kitchen with a large fridge (not like those half-size ones you see in so many places) and so much space! Both bedrooms have views – either over the ocean or looking out towards the Hinterland.

Watching the sun rise in the morning was the ultimate way to start the day! The bed was very comfortable, the room was silent (despite being right next to the esplanade you couldn’t hear the traffic), and everything was ideal.

Have I mentioned the staff? From the moment I stepped through the door, not only were they full of smiles but they were extremely helpful, very friendly, very professional and for me – those things always make a resort stay memorable.

Tara, Destinations for the discerning traveller magazine

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Arrived at Kirra Surf apartment for our nephew's wedding on Friday 2nd May, staying two nights. From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed. Check in was a breeze. our two-bedroom apartment was wonderful. So spacious and the view was fantastic. Bathroom was so roomy and the walk-in robe was so large. The apartment was modern with all appliances covered. The complex is really well maintained. Pools looked so inviting. The café in the same complex was great. We had several coffees there as well as breakfast each morning. There were no hassles catering for our large family. I will certainly return to Kirra Surf and stay longer. I would not hesitate in recommending this complex to anyone. Thankyou for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandra L
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived at Kirra Surf Apartments after a 16 hour flight from Dallas Texas and check-in was first class. We had two three-bedroom apartments for the month of March for family and friends and had a wonderful time. The apartments and facilities (pool, BBQ etc) were excellent, the view and location were excellent and all the staff were wonderful (they went above and beyond when there was a major power outage one night and the resident manager and her husband were escorting us to our rooms into the early hours of the morning). We have stayed in many places around the world and would rate Kirra Surf Apartments at the top of our list and we will certainly be coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Darryl D
Jaccol666, Manager at Kirra Surf Apartments, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
It was such a pleasure to have you and you extended family stay with us. You seemed to be very busy which was wonderful so we hope you had time to unwind as well! Thank you for accommodating us with the few items of concern. It is of a high priority to rectify any issues that appear during your stay.
Thank you for taking the time to review Kirra Surf Apartments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future - Jackie, Resort Manager
Lismore
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at a three bedroom apartment at Kirra Surf Apartments on 12/2/14 with a friend for four nights (one bedroom was closed). First impressions count, and I was impressed with the receptionist. She was very friendly and helpful, and she made us feel welcome.

When I first walked into the apartment, I was delighted to see how spacious it was, and I found the decor appealing. The ocean view was stunning and it was worth the price I paid. The beach was visible from the main bedroom, balcony and living room. I could easily have moved in and stayed there!

The huge kitchen was equipped with the basics, although we were searching for a few minor things that weren’t there. This is only an issue if you plan on cooking each day. The dining area had a stylish shabby chic setting. The TV in the living room was huge and it was set on a white shabby chic entertainment unit. The chaise lounge was comfortable.

The main bedroom was spacious and it had a TV mounted on the wall. The bed was acceptable, but I was expecting something slightly better considering the high quality of the apartment. There was a dressing room which led to the bathroom with a spa bath. The shower was easy to access through a glass door (I mention this for anyone with mobility issues). Although the floor in the shower was not slippery, I didn’t feel 100% secure, so I placed a hand towel on the floor. In retrospect I should have asked for a bath mat!

The second bedroom had two single beds. Outside you could see the hinterland and the airport. My friend and I were amazed at how close the airport was because we never heard any planes flying over us. The bathroom adjacent to this bedroom had dim lighting, so my friend applied her makeup in her bedroom where the light was brighter.

There was some minor confusion upon arrival. Because I paid by debit card and not by credit card, I was asked to pay an additional bond for each night of our stay in cash. This was just in case there were any breakages. This cash was given back to me when we checked out. The receptionist explained this to me on the phone earlier in the day, but because I was asleep when she phoned, I didn’t understand the full details.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We had 4 nights at Kirra Surf Apartments in a 2 bedroom and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Location was fantastic, directly across from beach and balcony had views to Surfers. Apartment was modern with all amenities covered and staff were lovely. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Best apartment I have ever had in Australia. Excellent location and amazing standard of accommodation for the price. Very reasonable. We also were very happy that we could not hear any of the other hotel guests, very quiet even on the weekend. We will be coming back again and will tell everyone we know that it was fantastic. We had room 602 and will request that one again the next time we go. Great views and we really enjoyed the restaurant on the ground floor, Beaches of Kirra. Great coffee and muffins.

Room Tip: 602 - awesome views and very quiet