“Kirra Surf Apartments”

Kirra Surf Apartments
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Arrived at Kirra Surf apartment for our nephew's wedding on Friday 2nd May, staying two nights. From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed. Check in was a breeze. our two-bedroom apartment was wonderful. So spacious and the view was fantastic. Bathroom was so roomy and the walk-in robe was so large. The apartment was modern with all appliances covered. The complex is really well maintained. Pools looked so inviting. The café in the same complex was great. We had several coffees there as well as breakfast each morning. There were no hassles catering for our large family. I will certainly return to Kirra Surf and stay longer. I would not hesitate in recommending this complex to anyone. Thankyou for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandra L

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived at Kirra Surf Apartments after a 16 hour flight from Dallas Texas and check-in was first class. We had two three-bedroom apartments for the month of March for family and friends and had a wonderful time. The apartments and facilities (pool, BBQ etc) were excellent, the view and location were excellent and all the staff were wonderful (they went above and beyond when there was a major power outage one night and the resident manager and her husband were escorting us to our rooms into the early hours of the morning). We have stayed in many places around the world and would rate Kirra Surf Apartments at the top of our list and we will certainly be coming back.

1  Thank Darryl D
Jaccol666, Manager at Kirra Surf Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

It was such a pleasure to have you and you extended family stay with us. You seemed to be very busy which was wonderful so we hope you had time to unwind as well! Thank you for accommodating us with the few items of concern. It is of a high priority to rectify any issues that appear during your stay.
Thank you for taking the time to review Kirra Surf Apartments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future - Jackie, Resort Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at a three bedroom apartment at Kirra Surf Apartments on 12/2/14 with a friend for four nights (one bedroom was closed). First impressions count, and I was impressed with the receptionist. She was very friendly and helpful, and she made us feel welcome.

When I first walked into the apartment, I was delighted to see how spacious it was, and I found the decor appealing. The ocean view was stunning and it was worth the price I paid. The beach was visible from the main bedroom, balcony and living room. I could easily have moved in and stayed there!

The huge kitchen was equipped with the basics, although we were searching for a few minor things that weren’t there. This is only an issue if you plan on cooking each day. The dining area had a stylish shabby chic setting. The TV in the living room was huge and it was set on a white shabby chic entertainment unit. The chaise lounge was comfortable.

The main bedroom was spacious and it had a TV mounted on the wall. The bed was acceptable, but I was expecting something slightly better considering the high quality of the apartment. There was a dressing room which led to the bathroom with a spa bath. The shower was easy to access through a glass door (I mention this for anyone with mobility issues). Although the floor in the shower was not slippery, I didn’t feel 100% secure, so I placed a hand towel on the floor. In retrospect I should have asked for a bath mat!

The second bedroom had two single beds. Outside you could see the hinterland and the airport. My friend and I were amazed at how close the airport was because we never heard any planes flying over us. The bathroom adjacent to this bedroom had dim lighting, so my friend applied her makeup in her bedroom where the light was brighter.

There was some minor confusion upon arrival. Because I paid by debit card and not by credit card, I was asked to pay an additional bond for each night of our stay in cash. This was just in case there were any breakages. This cash was given back to me when we checked out. The receptionist explained this to me on the phone earlier in the day, but because I was asleep when she phoned, I didn’t understand the full details.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had 4 nights at Kirra Surf Apartments in a 2 bedroom and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Location was fantastic, directly across from beach and balcony had views to Surfers. Apartment was modern with all amenities covered and staff were lovely. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Best apartment I have ever had in Australia. Excellent location and amazing standard of accommodation for the price. Very reasonable. We also were very happy that we could not hear any of the other hotel guests, very quiet even on the weekend. We will be coming back again and will tell everyone we know that it was fantastic. We had room 602 and will request that one again the next time we go. Great views and we really enjoyed the restaurant on the ground floor, Beaches of Kirra. Great coffee and muffins.

Room Tip: 602 - awesome views and very quiet
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Love Love Love this place. Stayed here again for the State Junior Nipper Titles and once again the place far exceeded expectation. The view are simply amazing. We stayed in Room 602 this time. A 2 bedroom apartment with the most incredible northern, eastern and southern views you could ever imagine. The balcony is huge for viewing and dinning. The reception staff are so obliging and helpful and welcomed us back again. The apartment is well equipped with the most up to date appliances. There is nothing that you will need as this place supplies it all. The beds are super comfy with very clean and fluffy pillows and sheets. The spa bath is a welcome after a hard day of competition. The pool and gym are fully equipped with to satisfy your needs. Walk to local shops and bakery with a coffee shop serving dinner and lunches just down stairs. Also a visit to Kirra Surf Shop is a must.

Room Tip: The northern tower is the best to experience views all the way around
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in 3 bedroom apartment. Was absolutely wonderful, rooms were fantastic, would highly recommend. The private pool was beautiful and the public pool was just great. Easy walk to anything. Had great Thai at the local place called sala Thai. Can't wait to come back to kirra

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coolangatta
Nirvana By The Sea
#3 of 12 in Coolangatta
Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort
Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort
#6 of 12 in Coolangatta

Been to Kirra Surf Apartments? Share your experiences!