“I keep coming back”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Coolangatta
Adelaide, Australia
“I keep coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I got married when I was 28 years old and went on my honeymoon to the beach house. I remember the nice people like Trevor at the bar (ok sound like an alco, but he was so friendly I kept going to have a chat) . It has changed so much with all the upgrades, and all for the better. I have been every second year since I was married (now 44 years old), although I reckon I went without going for three years once simply due to finances. I just read the latest review and I am sure Gail (the manager) would have read it too. We all understand the work next door is out of their hands. Yes it starts at 6.30, but I have found in spring and summer the sun comes up at about 4.30 am so you are usually well and truly up by then (I know this will be different in winter but would hate for people to be put off by comments and not come this year). There are plenty of things to do at the resort, but I always go out during the day (when the works are supposed to be going on) and come back when it looks like they are nearly finished.
So much do I love the area and the resort I keep trying to find out what building is going on next door so I can look at buying an apartment. Yes, on Friday and Saturday nights I hear the noise after the pubs close, but I hear plenty of kids around my home town (and I am not near the pub) on the same nights.
I am going to the Beach House again in Oct this year, and I have an opportunity through my work to get a weeks worth of accommodation much closer to Surfers, for a lot less, but I refused even knowing about the noise from next door. I put a room request in again, as I do every time I go and I have not been disappointed yet , so they try their hardest to help.
So, staff at the beach house, you are doing a great job (Gail I might be looking at taking over your job if that is ok lol) and keep it up.

Room Tip: If you ask for the most popular rooms, closest to the beach, they are not that much different to the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Classic H, Manager at Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Paul T,

Wow, thank you so much for your glowing review! We’re glad the Beach House Seaside Resort plays such a special part in your life, and we definitely look forward to having you back with us again in October. And we’ll let Gail know she might have some competition for her job!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Indonesian first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed in these apartments on the 12th floor, but my son had to move in with my parents because of the noise at night time, and I bought earplugs (which were a little uncomfortable to sleep with). The bars downstairs are noisy on Fri/Sat nights, and then the construction drilling next door started at 6.30 am and went ALL day, so you couldn't sit around the apartment. (I know this is not the apartment owners' fault but people should be told when they book that this will happen and be given the choice of staying somewhere else, or at least discount the rooms). The windows could do with resealing - in our apartment there was a breeze coming into the bedrooms at night time through the seals. In the ensuite there was an opening at the top of the window (venting) but it was unable to be shut, which meant the bedroom and bathroom were freezing at night time, and one night the wind was swirling so all the shut doors were banging (i then put a towel in it the next day and it was much better). The apartment itself was really nice, well equipped, and lovely view, but too noisy to sit on the deck or in the lounge to enjoy it. One lift was out for most of our stay, which did mean long waits or walking the stairs, but we knew that before we went so that was ok. The beach was gorgeous, and we found some good restaurants (not downstairs where we went one night and those that had fish were sick). Great small supermarket in the next block. Could supply salt & pepper shakers, and small bottles of dishwash detergent and dishwasher powder (like our timeshares in NZ) to last the week. Staff didn't seem to be enjoying their jobs, but did what they had to do.

Room Tip: The rooms in the middle are the quietest (04 and 05), but slightly smaller than the outside rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi CSNB,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We’re glad you thought our apartments and the beach were great! We do acknowledge the construction next door is expected to be in place until August 2014 (as mentioned in previous posts). All guests with a booking are notified of this situation before check in. We do hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friend from NZ holidays each year for the past 20 years at BH. Recently she invited me to join her for a weekend . Fab views from level 16. Wonderful service on check -in and suggestions for her/ my stay. Spotless accommodation , everything in its place. So handy to a myriad of cafes/ restaurants in the area. Wonderful beach markets across the road. Free parking underneath.
I am returning next week. Thank you BH.

Room Tip: Upper level better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BabsGoldCoast
Classic H, Manager at Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi BabsGoldCoast,

It was fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your weekend at the resort with your friend and are now returning for an enjoyable stay of your own. We look forward to seeing you on check-in. Thanks so much for sharing your glowing review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We come to Beach House every year and love it, from the friendly staff, beautiful views, 50 metres to patrolled beaches, restaurants, and spacious, newly renovated 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartments. Sure, mybe a little noisy Friday and Saturday nights, but not late. Gail runs a good crew and I some have been here for the 9 years I have been visiting. There are plenty of activities such as trivia karaoke, pizza night, buses to shopping and shows, heated pool, spa half court tennis, staff take kids boating and fishing, child minding and the list goes on. Coolangatta is the prime location on the Gold Coast now.
I cannot believe anyone coul poorly or even average rate this resort.
Even tho you weren't here this trip Gail, thank you and your staff for a wonderful week.
Ps. I missed not having the members meeting.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ian M
Classic H, Manager at Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hi Ian,
Thank you so much for sharing your glowing review of our Resort. We are so happy to hear that you are still enjoying your time with us, after so many years. I have passed your comments about the members meetings onto the appropriate department to look into and we look forward to seeing you next year when you come to stay again.
NZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff are very welcoming and the rooms are more than adequate but the surroundings are very noisy with bars open until late and the cleanup crews arriving very early the next day. The bars can go until 3:30 am and the first rubbish truck arrives around 5 am so sleeping can be difficult.

Currently the pool is under threat from construction next door and that construction may last quite a while.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, seaside middle or near the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NzHils
Classic H, Manager at Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear NZHils

Beach House Seaside Resort is situated in the CBD (Central Business District) of Coolangatta where there are nightclubs, café’s, hotels and surf clubs, therefore weekend nights can be lively . The rest of the time the area is very peaceful.
Our resort pool is not currently “under threat” as mentioned, but has been closed for repairs and this should be re-opened this week.
The construction has been mentioned in previous posts and is expected to be in place until August 2014. Unfortunately this is beyond our control. All guests with a booking are notified of this situation before check in.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on our resort and we do look forward to seeing you stay with us again soon.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over Easter weekend. Staff were friendly enough, we didnt ask for much but were helpful with a few little things. They have bikes for adults and kids and helmets as well as body boards you can borrow. The outdoor pool felt like it was salt water chlorine or at least not heavily chlorinated which we were grateful for as we are chemical intolerant. The 2 bedroom itself was huge! I had more mod cons here than I do at home, we loved it and didnt want to leave. A lovely little balcony too. The location is amazing!! Coolangatta is beautiful with lots to do and see and some beautiful eateries. Got an awesome gluten free burger from the burger bar a little way along the strip and aqueous on the side street offered a magnificent massage and a delicious really well made organic coffee. The lifts were very slow at times but we were lucky we were on third floor so took the stairs often. Often no car parks under the hotel but easy enough to get a spot nearby on the street. thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Building works as others mentioned will be ongoing for months but there is nothing the hotel can do about it and we weren't home much anyway so didnt bother us.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank EmmaLeonSonny
Classic H, Manager at Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear EmmaLeonSonny
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. Beachhouse is in a prime position in Coolangatta with so much to do and see. We are so happy to hear you had a great holiday away with your family and look forward to see you here again very soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young children. We were recommended The Beach House by friends. We knew it wasn't going to be the fanciest accommodation but appreciated it fit the bill of 2 bedrooms that was in a good location and was recently refurbished. Our heart sank when we got a letter one month out from our stay informing us of construction starting next door on a multi story complex. We decided to still stay there as we took it at face value that yes it would be disruptive but how loud could it be? Well that was our mistake. The drilling and digging starts at 6.30am Monday to Saturday and is that loud it can be heard up the beach. It was completely unbearable and meant that we could not have the doors open on the unit as we overlooked the building site, even with the doors closed in the balcony the noise wad extremely loud. This coupled with the most uncomfortable beds of all time meant we checked out with 3 days to go. If we had been informed, as the original letter had said we would, of the noise levels we wouldn't have stayed there at all. I understand that there is no control over the building site, but honesty should prevail.

With the poor and patronising complaint resolution response means we will not stay at this resort again and don't recommend anyone staying there until the construction is complete, especially if you get a room on the southern side of the complex.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank SPBellamy
Classic H, Manager at Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our resort. I note that a resolution specialist has been in touch with you in relation to your issue, which was sent in to us and responded to before posting here. Please understand that we do not have any control over the building site next door to our property, the noise emanation therefrom or the hours of work that is permitted thereon. This is a council matter. With that in mind, we do hope you come and visit us again once construction has been completed.