“Loved this place...”

Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Coolangatta
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I spent the second week of my vacation at the Beach House Seaside resort after spending the first week at Surfers. I love the hustle & bustle of Surfers BEFORE schoolies converge on the area but having this second week at the Beach House was perfect. I love going to Australia from Canada for vacation...the flight is long but so worth it to be on the Gold Coast.

The Beach House was perfectly situated for easy access from/to the Coolangatta Airport. And the Beach House has a complimentary airport shuttle...so take advantage of it. Of course, if you have a car, there is an underground parking garage. However, I can not tell you anything further on that as I don't drive down under (y'all drive on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of road) WINK, WINK!

The check in/out process was pretty seamless. I arrived early that day because I had to check out of my Surfers timeshare and took the bus from Surfers. The bustop is right outside the resort...couldn't ask for a better location...no lugging of the luggage far. Because I couldn't check in just yet, I was able to leave my luggage and get familiar with the area. The Beach House is right across the street from the ocean and the beach was fantastic. There is a surf club too where one can eat but since I didn't eat there...I can only go on previous posts regarding the surf club.

Once I got into my room on a high floor (I can't remember the unit number but it was a corner unit looking south-I think; it DIDN'T look towards Surfers). The unit was a two bedroom with two full bathrooms (I believe they are all 2BD/2Bath) but my unit had two balconies which was nice. There is a balcony off the master bedroom that has a television in the room and it's own bathroom. The second bedroom had two single beds with the other bathroom across the hall that included the washer/dryer. The main bathroom had a bathtub so if you have little kids, this is a must for bathing them. I can't remember if the master ensuite had a bathtub or a shower only. The kitchen was really nice with a great fridge, a real oven and a dishwasher which is great for larger families. However, being a solo traveller, I washed all my dishes by hand. The second balcony faced south towards New South Wales. At around 6pm the birds went nuts but it only lasted about an hour then peace and quiet again. The main balcony overlooks the pool and hot tub. Even though I was kind of disappointed that I wasn't looking towards Surfers, this particular unit was actually pretty good because I had the best of ALL views. I had a balcony to sit on that overlooked the mountains/hills. The main balcony overlooked the southend which was a pretty good. The living room has a fair size flat panel television too with great movies.

The area is quite resourceful with an abundance of various restaurants. There are about 3 right at the base of the Beach House including an ice cream shop that sold wonderful ice cream and had pretty cheap sodas (for Australia anyways). I usually sat down there while I had my ice cream or soda and read one of the many magazines they have there to pass some time as well as people watch. There are the usual fast food places within a block or two (KFC and McD's). There is a shopping plaza right next door to get sundries and groceries as well as internet kiosks to connect with friends/family if you don't bring those devices with you on holiday. (I don't...won't pay the roaming charges and besides, I'm on vacation!) There is a 7-11 right across the street to get that much desired slurpee (frozen coke) or any last minute snack. There are some very cute shops along that main street too. A pretty decent second hand book store as well as a 'dollar store' to get any other sundries at a cheaper price that might arise. There are plenty of massage therapists in the neighbourhood so if the women want to be pampered, it is easily accessible. And the prices were reasonable too.

I took a short stroll the main street and had one foot in New South Wales and one foot in Queensland. Also beware that two time zones are usually recognized here in Coolangatta. The casino was pleasant but I wasn't very lucky. :( Gotta say, nothing beats Vegas casinos! I also took a stroll up towards Surfers and when I got around the bend, there was a kite festival going on further up the beach. It was a pleasant stroll and I had fun watching all the kites flying and the children laughing. That was a weekend day so I think that festival was a planned one.

All in all, I truly loved staying at the Beach House and I look forward to a return visit soon. I was trying to get another stay there this November but could not get the resort lined up for when I wanted to visit. Hopefully in 2013. I believe most people will enjoy the Beach House and remember that they are there to help us enjoy our vacation. The main desk area has plenty of brochures for everyone in the family to find something to do. And finally, as with any humid locale, it is always safe to try to put all food stuffs in the fridge as to not have any unwelcome visitors. I did NOT have any unwelcome visitors in my unit (of all species!) Remember to enjoy your vacation and don't sweat the small stuff.

Room Tip: Although all rooms have an ocean view, I found having the corner unit with the two balconies opened...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank anniekiriazis
There are newer reviews for Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming here for about 15 years. My family own time share and I loved coming here as a kid. This place is great for families. Lifts are slow but other than that its fine. The views are amazing the best apartment would have to be 1706 so request if you wish (however this is too high for children) you don't need a car at all because everything is in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Georgiiiiia
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel was mostly good but a few points let it down in a big way...
It was VERY noisy, particularly at night, causing restless sleep. It sounded like the traffic was on our balcony and when the guests above or next to us moved we could hear it. I think double glazing the windows would help a lot. In saying that, we had a room on the north side of the building with roads on 2 sides. The rooms in the middle or on the south may be quieter.
The spa was tiny & very aged & the pools weren't heated or at least not to a temperature we could use them.
When we arrived I found 2 dead cockroaches on the carpet & there were food crumbs on the carpet in the living room. Also, it appears a few corners were cut when they renovated the rooms.
In saying that, the staff were very pleasant & helpful, the remainder of the room was very clean & crisp & the renovations are good for the most part with nice furniture, bathroom & kitchen. Also, beds were really comfortable if you like a firm but not hard mattress.
The location is pretty good, right across from the beach & with everything we needed near-by.
The room was good value for money & good for the price but there was definitely room for improvement.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Makajacjen
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately can not recommend this hotel as our room received only got sunshine between 7:30 and 9am and in the shade for this rest of the day

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Carolyn&Lindsay
Reviewed April 20, 2012

A recently upgraded room with everything needed for a comfortable stay in a fully equiped holiday apartment. Modern appliances and a comfortable bed made for a relaxed holiday where we had the option of self catering or eating out in one of the many local eateries. The beach is great for walking and we enjoyed the free bikes to ride along the pathways.

Room Tip: Although we had a ground floor apartment and therefore no sea view we enjoyed the deck and grass are...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Nikola180
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Made a last minute weekend booking for a two bedroom apartment (for two adults and two teenagers) and was delighted with the result. First time staying at Coolangatta. Renovations very well done. Excellent location, close to beach, walking/cycling path, restaurants, Aldi, five minutes to Coolangatta airport. Definitely stay here again. Reservations staff great.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank 228Familyof4
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was our first stay at the Beach House. We absolutely loved it! Really impressed with the large size of the apartment, everything was refurbished (really tastefully done) & the view was beautiful. We had a side unit which was light & spacious. Very easy check in. Nothing was a bother for the staff. Beautiful, clean pool.
Coolangatta itself is a beautiful place. This was our first time staying at Coolangatta (we have always headed to Surfers) but will return to Coolangatta over Surfers. Quieter, less touristy, lot nicer & still close to everything (ie. Currumbin, theme parks, shopping etc).
We were a family of 4 (with 2 small children) & it was the perfect place to stay. We are already planning another visit towards the end of the year! You wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had a room on the right side of the building. We thought the front rooms would have had the best...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Watsonsloveholidays
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coolangatta
Mantra Coolangatta Beach
Mantra Twin Towns
Mantra Twin Towns
#2 of 12 in Coolangatta
Beachcomber International Resort

Been to Beach House Seaside Resort - Classic Holidays? Share your experiences!