“Lovely food and good service”
Review of The Wheel Inn

The Wheel Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Branston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A group of us went for lunch and everyone enjoyed their food. I'm vegan and they made me something different as I couldn't have anything off their menu. The salad they served me was very basic but tasty. Really pretty location.

1  Thank SV3

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Today was my second visit to The Wheel Inn. It's a lovely place to eat with friends. It's quiet but not dead. A good range of food on offer - something for everyone.
I chose the rib eye steak and it was cooked to perfection, as were my chips. Really tasty food and friendly, attentive staff.
It was well worth my drive from Birmingham!
I'll be back!

2  Thank banana83
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The pub is in a lovely location and is welcoming from the moment you walk in. We had the most fantastic meal there - the mussels in cider and leek sauce were just divine! The service was second to none and nothing seemed too much trouble! It was a truly a special meal out! :)

1  Thank c c
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Excellent food, plenty of parking, friendly staff and nice and quiet for a romantic evening out. We've quite high standards where food is concerned - often wishing we'd just cooked it ourselves at home - but this was a nice treat. Beautiful mussels, duck and steak.

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stop at the wheel for a meal as I had almost bought a restaurant in the area and was told the wheel was a good place to eat. Arrived to a lovely village pub, nice atmosphere inside, pity it went downhill from there! After a waitress pointed, not showed us to a table we sat after looking at the menu on a board for nearly half an hour. Finally some service...the young waitress in a very blunt tone asked "what d'you want?", some courtesy maybe? Half hour later our food arrived, the burgers where generous and tasted great, the pork belly unfortunately was under seasoned and for the portion overpriced. The duck sat in a pool of butter and was cooked blue to rare so very chewy and gelatinous. We decided as we where still hungry afterwards to have desserts yet after half our plates where cleared and half left for another half hour we decides enough was enough and paid and left.
Such a lovely place, pitty the young inexperienced staff couldn't handle the small amount of people in the restaurant.
This is the first negative feedback I have given on trip advisor and owning a restaurant know how hard it is to organise staff but this needs changing or future customers will suffer as we did!!

7  Thank Elhoop