“Serenity, Peace and a warm welcome!”

Hideaway Haven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Bundaberg B&B and Inns
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Serenity, Peace and a warm welcome!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had been sailing in the Whitsundays and our second day on the road before flying out of Brisbane the next day - our welcome from Marcia and Garth was wonderful and they immediately made us feel at home and Garth put the kettle on and got the homemade cakes out! What a way to start a, sadly, brief but relaxing stay at their lovely Hideaway. Their haven is located off the road to Bundaberg and has a lovely bush setting overlooking two dams, beautiful trees and there was even a resident wallaby to complete the setting! Mum and Dad, travelling with us from the UK were delighted with the whole experience and we settled in to a relaxing stay. Garth has collected an eclectic mix of curiosities from antique shops and other places and spending time looking at these things and wondering what they are used for or where they came from makes for a great stay and the topic of many conversations over the complimentary glasses of port! The accommodation is delightful, clean and with an attention to detail that you do not see in many bed and breakfasts. Marcia and Garth were unobtrusive but also managed to be there for our needs. Breakfast was superb and the whole ambience was very comfortable and relaxing. If you are reading this review and are thinking of staying in the area then stay at Hideaway Haven, it is hidden away and it is a have - thank you Marcia and Garth!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Marcia and Garth welcomed us with tea , coffee , freshly baked cake and biscuits muchly appreciated after our drive from Brisbane .The house is filled with interesting bits and pieces to look at and we were immediately made to feel at home .The rooms are clean , cosy and very comfortable like the rest of the house.The rural setting 12 k south of bundaberg was perfect for us as we were visiting friends in the area. Breakfast was lovely with a large cooked breakfast , fresh fruit and cereal and yoghurt and was eaten in the screened patio area overlooking the trees and dam-very peaceful . Marcia and Garth are friendly caring people who are dedicated to making your stay happy and comfortable

• Stayed April 2013
Logan City, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

From the moment you arrive, Garth and Marcia make you feel like you are family. They are a genuinely wonderful couple who have put all the fine details into making their B&B experience one that makes you want to return. We are doing just that again this year and bringing some friends with us. Garth's memorabilia and collectables make the home all the more appealing as you journey back in time, discussing his treasures. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated, comfortable and private. Marcia's attention to detail is amazing. This was our first B&B experience and has set a standard that will be hard to match. One night was not enough and we will be back for a three night stay on our next visit. Breakfast was cooked to perfection and served with the same perfection. I couldn't imagine anyone not being 100% happy with the experience. I have told all of my friends and will continue to spread the word.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robyn L
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am a consultant chef back in Brisbane and recently relocated back home from Townsville. I drove all the way down south and was looking for place to stay half way of my road journey. I have stayed at so many different hotel and motel venues and found it boring at some status. Therefore I searched B & B on Internet and this place came up as a first result. I clicked into it and read many fantastic reviews, I knew I have to place a visit to this place.

I was driving 12 hours straight from Townsville and of course it was exhausting. As soon as I got there, the warm welcome from Grath and Marcia is something I wouldn't expected from a normal hotel environment. They took me into the house and gave me a tour around their property. Wow, I was absolutely amazed how nicely the house been decorated. It's just like back home again. With so many beautiful collections and it took me about half of the day to briefly and quickly look at them. The exhaustion has gone completely, I didn't remember how tired I was.

The was early in the afternoon and I have already forgotten the time as the location is wonderful, peaceful and quiet, an escape from the city life for a person like me. I enjoyed it very much. I was seating in a breakfast area later afternoon and I fell asleep straight the way. I completely forgotten everything as soon as I been on the property.

The room is something you wouldn't expected from a small town like Bundebag, I have to admit its ten time better than what you would get from any kind of hotels or motels.

The bed was so comfortable and I didn't want to go to bed early and there was so much to see and enjoy.

The breakfast is the highlight, first start with freshly cut fruit sale with custard, its amazing how great it was and think about that, you will only get a day ahead pre cut fruit in hotel, but they didn't do it, instead they cut it while you are seating on the table. What else can I say?? It was beautiful to start off. The hot main course is look stunning, once again, they really put a lot of thought and efforts into it, of course the loving heart as well. I am very happy how they presented on the plate rather than like most of the places, throwing food on the plate. It was a great pleasure to wnjoy such brilliant service to have people who love what they are doing. I love it.

I would like to thank you sincerely once again for the best personal B & B experience I have ever had in Bundy.

If you are serious about a good place to stay , I have no hesitation to recommend this place to you. They are not only serious about their business but their people.

Room Tip: Always go for the larger one if budget is allowed to do so
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
california
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We came to the Bundaberg area on our trip to Australia to visit the reef and to see the turtles.
On this aspect of our trip, nothing panned out. The turtle night got rained out with lightening storms and out trip to the reef got cancelled due to boat break down, so we were so greatful to have Garth and Hideaway which was a nice treat. Our room was fabulous. Marica could not be there the entire time but we enjoyed what time we did have with her. Grath is great fun and loves to show off all his incredibe antiques. They gave us 100% use of the house! We did ask to use the kitchen and cook dinner for Garth while Marcia was away which was a lot of fun. We were tired of eating out. Marcia and Garth are great hosts and the breakfasts they cooked were incredible.
All the reviews we read, were right on.
We loved seeing all the wallabies in the AM and PM too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at Hideaway haven B&B in december 2012 before flying to Lady Elliot Island. We arrived late at night which was a shame because now we couldn't see the beuatifull yard around the B&B and didn't have enough time to look at all the wonderfull items in the house. Garth welcomed us very warm and friendly and we felt at home far away from home at once. Garth made us the best breakfast ever (!) and gave us a lot of information about the area. We decided to come home for an other night after our stay at Lady Elliot and have a chance to meet Garth and Marcia again and have a good look around the B&B. We recommend this B&B to everyone who loves friendliness, a good breakfast, lovely hosts and a good bed! Tanja&Ben (NL)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanja B
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at Hideaway Haven for one night in late October 2012. Marcia and Garth were gracious hosts, providing a hearty breakfast, pleasant company and a ride to/from the nearby Bundaberg airport. Our room was comfortable and the house was decorated with lots of interesting antiques.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundaberg
Country Comfort Gin Gin, Wild Scotsman
BIG4 Cane Village Holiday Park
Alexandra Apartments
Alexandra Apartments
#8 of 18 in Bundaberg

Been to Hideaway Haven Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!