“First Stop.Only Stop.Look No Further.1ST Class”

Coral Villa Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bundaberg
bracewell
“First Stop.Only Stop.Look No Further.1ST Class”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Perfect place to stay.Tony & Marilyn the perfect hosts.Beautiful surrounds,Rooms Spotless & clean.Look no further,Value for money,this is it.Cant rate it highly enough...Purrfect.Cheers to all,With Thanks..Roy

Room Tip: Room 4.Lots of privacy,With out blocking the view of the magnificent gardens
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Me and my son have stayed here a few times over the past year and every time we've stayed it's been perfect!

I'm generally quite fussy about where I stay, I tend to prefer great hotels with perfect rates and Coral Villa fits the bill perfectly.

The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfy and the staff are extremely welcoming and friendly...in fact if it weren't for them I doubt we'd have even discovered 10% of the things that were around. Marilyn and Tony really did a top job of looking after us and making sure our stay was right for what we wanted.

One of the things I really like about the motel is it has one of the most envious tropical gardens you've ever seen...in fact I've spent many a morning reading the paper, checking my emails and having my breakfast to the sound of the lovely fish pond and local birds, it really is heavenly - and in the evenings it's a great little spot to rack up the BBQ and enjoy a cold beer... Actually, even better is to go for one of the deals they have on dinner, desert and beer (or wine or softdrink) - I can't remember the price but it's an absolute bargain.

Room wise, we've stayed in several of the rooms, they're all comfortable, though Marilyn was kind enough to move us a couple of times so that we could be closer to the pool and garden area (like I said, the garden is great...and I think all rooms open onto it).

I think overall, with exception to the garden, I'd have to say that:
a. The rooms are clean
b. The service is great & staff are very well informed (they even gave us a lift from the airport)
c. The pool and garden is great for the kids and BBQ for self catering
d. I'll definitely be coming back

Thanks guys, look forward to seeing you both soon!
(photos to come)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife and kids have stayed here numerous times when travelling up to Bundaberg. Its the perfect spot in which to base yourself to explore the awesome coastline and islands of the southern great barrier reef. Marilyn and Tony ( who run the motel ) are themselves extensively travelled so they know exactly how to make a guest feel, the rooms are spotless and comfortable, and theres nothing like sitting in the tropical garden after a days adventure and having a nice drink and bbq dinner prepared by Tony. Did I mention the pool as well?

Room Tip: Ask for Room 1, very spacious and a new bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The owner was very welcoming when she checked us in. The family suite we were given was directly next door from reception & faced the main street. The room/s looked clean & tidy although a little dated, but smelled really dusty. The bathroom was modern with a spa bath, obviously renovated recently. After a long day we wanted to lay down for a nap...but we were unable to due to the street noise along main street directly outside. Not only did that deter us from sleeping, but we could hear every conversation of the people who came into the motel reception. Unable to rest, we departed the room for a couple of hours. When we came back it was still terribly noisy so I went to reception to tell the owners we were leaving to find other accomodation. She did not offer a refund of any kind...but her comment was "It does get quieter" Obviously road noise is a problem if they are aware of the noise.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank helbelAus
, General Manager at Coral Villa Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
We thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as this is how we can improve our services to our guests. The room you booked was the family room for 5 persons with a spa bath. This is the only room which we have that fronts the main highway and you will at times experience some traffic especially between 3-5pm which is peak hour. This traffic does ease at sunset. We do have many repeat guests who request this room especially for its lock up garage, number of beds, spa bath and easy access to the service road. These guests often book in advance from one visit to the next. We are sorry that the experience for you was not a good one. We would have relocated you to another room in the garden area if we had known you were day sleeping. We are here to please our customers. Please take this opportunity to read our other reviews.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I travel a lot, and in particular I've stayed in Bundaberg a lot. For the most part I don't care too much about accommodation, but this place is quite unique. Today I was sitting in the tropical garden at this motel with my laptop surfing their free internet and listening to the sound of their little waterfall, watching the other guests enjoying the same thing while drinking beers and pre-mixed drinks that they had purchased from the hotel owner, considering going inside for a spa, and somehow also getting some work done at the same time. It was then that I realized something: This very pleasant place where i am sitting is cheaper than either of the motels across the road, and I think the ACCC has also given it a lower star rating. Why? All I can think of is the absence of a bar and restaurant. Having said that, I have never seen anyone sitting at the bar of either of the motels across the road, and yet I often see people enjoying the alcohol which is here at this motel because the garden is such a pleasant place to drink it. Has the ACCC got it it wrong? Is this garden worth more than a conventional bar? I think so.

Basically If you don't need a restaurant located on site (and if you have a car, you don't), this place might just be the best value in Bundaberg (get in before they realize it and put their prices up! ha ha).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Tony and Marilyn are the host of the Inn and were very welcoming and accommodating. There is no restaruant at the inn, however, they offer gourmet home cooked meals in the evening for those interested. They have a nice garden setting with tables to dine at.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TinyTraveler76
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Excellent corporate choice by our management team at Gotcha.net.au for our crew to stay whilst we're in Bundaberg doing kids photography at local shopping centres. The rooms and accommodation is great with ample amenities (including in-room kitchenettes) for our crew. Overall, these are well priced rooms which is what the price conscious business is always seeking. The home cooked evening meals are yummy and plentiful. The atmosphere in the centre courtyard leads you to believe you're at a tropical oasis .... so it's a real "feel good" experience. The hosts, Marilyn & Tony are absolutely fabulous and make it all feel like you haven't left home. It's our choice to stay and we do heaps of travel Australia wide.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business