“Worst motel /hotel ever”

Riviera Motel Bundaberg
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Bundaberg
Hervey Bay
“Worst motel /hotel ever”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We did ask if they had Wi Fi, answer was yes. Restaurant? Answer Yes
Pool? Yes
Got there on a Saturday
, dreadful room, after putting all my stuff away I wanted to use my Ipad. No connection, daughter of owner said yes this room has a problem. Moved us all the way to the other side larger room, blind didn't work. Wifi didn't work. Tried to use phone to call Reception didn't work, went to the pool to cool down, algae all over the water.
Got dressed to go to restaurant, restaurant was closed. Next morning I informed the owner we wouldn't be staying our 3 days there: he said "good riddance, all you've done is complain since you go here!"
We move next door to the Best Western, good people, good room and we ended up staying longer than intended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Gabrielle D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from late Feb for a week & had the best stay & support from everyone as I was in Bundaberg for a funeral. My room was perfect, very quiet. The breakfast that John supplies are amazing, I could never eat it all. My bed was so comfortable I could actually sleep. Staying here was like a home away from home & it was due to John, his dog & staff. My adult children & my grandchildren also stayed here & loved it. I will be back! Thank you everyone for being so nice. I would recommend the Riviera to anyone! Sue

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue C
Tully, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

rooms a good size
bathroom very old, large but badly designed, shower very small
air-con takes a long time to cool both rooms.
there air-con had leaked the night before, so owner had decided to clean with a very strong detergent and our daughter was asthmatic and so we went to the laundry and used 8 towels to try to soak up all the moisture out of the carpet and then covered the area with more towels to cut back on the smell.
wifi was good
pool was good
bedding and rooms were clean

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Me and my fiance chose to stay here as when we looked online, the motel looked great. different story when we went to stay the night. The room was taccy, the furniture was dirty, bugs in the bed, the bathroom was old and the shower pathetic. the doona was an exposed dirty blanket in between 2 sheets and the aircon did not work very well at all.
Me and my fiance became so irritated with all the itchy materials and flaws of the motel we went to contact the reception which was closed with no comms or phone to contact anyone. gone midnight we were fed up and eventually made the long drive home rather than stay in the misleading cesspit.
the following day we made contact with the motel and rather than offering us an apology or compensation we got abused and called everything you can think of for criticising his motel. he had all the managerial and personal maturity of a five year old.
do yourself a favour and never stay in this motel. you would sleep better on a park bench and you would get better service at maccas.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank ndcarey
Manager338340, Manager at Riviera Motel Bundaberg, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Valued Patrons and Intrepid Travellers,
I refer to a recent negative review 'Couldn't pay me to stay there'. Seems our guest by mistake turned the aircon off at the master switch which is on the wall near the light switch, it is a bit of a problem from time to time as the switch being positioned near the light switch has caused a few problems in the past, but most people ask for help, usually they come to the office or use the phone to ring reception, not graffiti the room and leave in the middle of the night and then expect a refund and a jovial reception from the Inn Keeper the following morning. Our office opens at 7 am and closes at 9 pm daily except Sunday when we open at 7 am and close at 8pm. We are always happy to assist in anyway anytime. I'll have the master switches disconnected so this can't happen again. The room in question is number four, so add a little excitement to your travels, I dare you to book 'Room 4'. !! Maybe I should print a tee shirt, 'I survived Room 4 at the Riviera Bundaberg. ' Thankyou for your time. Regards John.
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had a great sleep, we stayed in the executive king suite and loved it. Very comfy bed. Room was clean, the staff were friendly, I could not fault the experience. We come through bundy regularly so I am very happy to have found this gem.

• Stayed November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We recently needed a family room in Bundy to accommodate our family for an overnight stay.

The room was very 70's and a little tired but it was clean and everything worked. Our only complaints revolved around the cheap mattresses (very firm) and pillows (except for one soft one).

If you need to overnight in Bundy, the Riviera seems quite adequate. For an extended stay I'd be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Richard A
Glenlee
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had to stay in Bundaberg Sunday night for work purposes. I decided to stay at the Riviera due to its fantastic location in the heart of Bundaberg. John the manager was very hospitable, placing me in one of their king rooms. Room was very spacious and impeccably clean throughout. Bed was very comfortable. Could not have been happier. Will definitely stay again.
Satisfied customer!!