“Central position, good rooms”

Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Wollongong
Sydney
“Central position, good rooms”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at Adina Wollongong. I have been happy both times - as hotel is close to beach, cycleway, WIN Entertainment Centre, Win Football Stadium, Crown Central, IPAC Theatre, Restaurants, shops and Cinema. Rooms are clean and modern - bed very comfortable. Only negative would be in my room the fridge was right next to front door and cupboard that housed the fridge had a door that opened onto the front door and the fridge door opened opposite way.This made it hard to open fridge. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi madgely,

Thank you for your great review of Adina Aprtment Hotel Wollongong. It is great to read that you found the rooms to be modern and clean and the hotel to be well located.

Thank you for the feedback on the fridge door, we have fridges that open both left and right, our maintenance and housekeeping teams will keep a look out for this in future.

Thanks again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at Adina on Valentines Day, and the room was beautiful-modern, clean and spacious. There was a little balcony off the lounge end of the room, no ocean view but peaceful to enjoy a drink outside in the evening. The staff were pleasant and helpful when we enquired about eating places and parking. It is quiet, we never noticed any noise from people in there street below. Beware, there is very limited parking under the building, and we had to park a few blocks away. Admittedly being Valentines day parking was at a premium around the area of Adina, because it is ideally located in a lovely restaurant district downtown. We walked around the corner and can recommend the Halong Bay Vietnamese place, lovely food, huge menu and pretty inexpensive. If you want to go up market there are many other options in that street which were fully booked for Valentines. We enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Room Tip: Our room on 2nd floor was great and colleagues on other floors were also happy with their accommodat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Hi blueskymum,

Thank you for your fantastic review of Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong. It is great to read such positive feedback relating to the hotel and our team. We are delighted your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Reception ended up providing me the highest floor for visitors(6th).
Room, balcony, kitchen and bathroom very clean, no odours.
Very roomy and cozy. Aircondition was a bonus
Balcony is OK size, not crampy though. 2 chairs and a glass round table. View towards the city and ocean was good
Kitchen not big, but definitely spacious enough for 1 person
Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel actually supplied in good amounts

Room Tip: the top 4 floors are bought out. the highest you can get is the 6th floor. You can have rooms pointi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi Michael N,

Thank you very much for taking the time review Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our accommodation to be roomy, cozy and excellent value. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Adina in Wollongong for two nights in February to attend a concert at the WIN Entertainment Centre. The hotel is only a short walk from the centre, and is close to restaurants and shops. The room was nice - quite a modern and spacious room. Nice pool and spa facilities. The staff were helpful but seemed unhappy to be there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hi Deeandmatt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are pleased to read that you found the hotel to be modern and well located. I was surprised to read that you found some members of our team to be unhappy, we pride ourselves on providing a fun, professional and postive environment. I sincerely apologise that we missed the mark on this occassion.

Sydney
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at Adina Wollongong in a Studio Apartment last week and was very pleased with my room decor and quiet nights. Great black out blinds. I stayed Monday through Thursday and found my apartment to be well appointed and very clean. Bed comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. Security parking is an additional ten dollar charge based on your availability to park. Availability on these week nights was still difficult even as early as 9pm. I was successful on two of the three nights and the other night had to park on the street and needed to get back to car by 8.30 am when parking meter payments begin the following morning. Having said that I was lucky to find a park close by.
There is a cafe nearby for breakfast or coffee as hotel does not have any but you can purchase a breakfast pack from your mini bar in your room which is a good light breakfast for about $10. There is also a general store diagonally across open all day and until mid evening for any other purchases you may need and the staff are very obliging. There is also a little restaurant/bar downstairs of an evening...it was NOT noisy at all but loads of atmosphere if you need a little something-something.
The lifts are the fastest I have experienced in any Wollongong hotels and the rooms the quietest so far...and i have stayed in most. The have two suggestions for management to improve further the quality for guests....1. there was not a top sheet on the bed only the doona which I found odd as I often like to sleep with just my sheet as I am sure others do.I have experienced it in a Sydney hotel once only but don't like it at all.
2. A mat or some sort of non slip grip in area outside bathroom door as I had a slip on exiting bathroom on way to bedroom area even though I had been standing on a bath mat.I did have concerned staff and a call the following day from Management and greatly appreciated their follow up. I hope the hotel would rectify it for me if I requested next visit as they do seem keen to please their guests.
Wollongong is filled with great restaurants and cafes and a wonderful harbour and beaches for you all to enjoy.
With regular visits to Wollongong over past 22 years and having stayed in many of the accommodations on offer I most definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Be guided by recommendation of hotel, I asked for a quiet room and it was.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hi travelled13,

Thank you so much for providing such a detailed review of our hotel, the team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for the feedback regarding the top sheet and the bathroom area, this feedback has been taken on board and will be discussed with the team.

Thanks again for the great feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Wollongong.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 nite....was able to check in early n a little late with no issues which was great. Room was lovely 5 floor...view if you looked straight out was lovely just don't look down...back of cafes etc...room clean..small but nice kitchenette ( didnt look for pots etc as only 1 nite)was extremely close to everything...location location location...gym excellent....now for pool area...small but nice pool, spa n sauna....sauna closed...spa cold n couldn't be turned on , heated pool freezing ....this shouldn't have been a issue for feb but unfortunalty for us it was only 20degrees...the spa was a big disappointment n I'm finding more than ever lately that hotels r purposely turned off or signage saying they r out of order just to save a few bucks.......parking was fine at $10, although very tight parking even in a little convertible ....plenty of available spaces but was mid week....over all nice hotel with friendly staff

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi lodding,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong. It is great to hear that you found your room to be lovely and hotel to be well located. I was also very happy to read that you found our team to be friendly. In regards to the spa, unfortuantely we had an issue with the heater and jets, I am happy to advise that this has now been rectified.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong next time you are in town.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Medina(Now called Adina).It is situated close to basically everything one needs within walking distance from small restaurants, cafes, aldi, woolworths, chemist, Macdonalds :) for the kids, shopping malls David Jones and Myer:) for me. Also a short walk to parks and the beach. It's also a 30min approx drive to Kiama a beautiful place to explore and a similar trip to Jamberoo water park.
The apartment we had was very clean and surprisingly quiet even with the bar downstairs( which was a nice surprise).
What I loved most was that our rooms are cleaned and made up every morning.
The pool and gym are great and my kids loved it.
Yes it was tricky with car park but the staff would go out of their way and actually move their cars so we could have a spot. Much appreciated.
All the staff both at reception and staff who clean and prepare our room are very friendly and helpful.
Thank you for a great holiday. I have and will continue to let anyone I know how lovely it was to stay at the Adina.
We will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hi glogsm,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and had a great holiday! We are particularly pleased to read that the Team were able to help you with the car parking.

Once again thank you for your review, your feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong soon.