Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong
$226
  • Pool
Quality Suites Pioneer Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$137
Novotel Wollongong Northbeach(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$187
$131
  • Beachfront
$134
$122
Agoda.com
$117
$113
Best Western City Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$116
$98
Southview - Boutique Guest House(Bulli)(Great Value!)
$117
$113
$60
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
Quest Wollongong(Wollongong)
TripAdvisor
1,292 results
All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distancegreat place to staycar parkstaff were friendlycentral locationrestaurants and cafesper dayshopping centrewin entertainment centregood sizelate checkwould stay againwin stadiumsecure parkingcomfy bedshort stay
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Adina in Wollongong for two nights in February to attend a concert at the WIN Entertainment Centre. The hotel is only a short walk from the centre, and is close to restaurants and shops. The room was nice - quite a modern and spacious room. Nice pool and spa facilities. The staff were helpful but seemed unhappy to be there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Hi Deeandmatt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are pleased to read that you found the hotel to be modern and well located. I was surprised to read that you found some members of our team to be unhappy, we pride ourselves on providing a fun, professional and postive environment. I sincerely apologise that we missed the mark on this occassion.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at Adina Wollongong in a Studio Apartment last week and was very pleased with my room decor and quiet nights. Great black out blinds. I stayed Monday through Thursday and found my apartment to be well appointed and very clean. Bed comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. Security parking is an additional ten dollar charge based on your availability to park. Availability on these week nights was still difficult even as early as 9pm. I was successful on two of the three nights and the other night had to park on the street and needed to get back to car by 8.30 am when parking meter payments begin the following morning. Having said that I was lucky to find a park close by.
There is a cafe nearby for breakfast or coffee as hotel does not have any but you can purchase a breakfast pack from your mini bar in your room which is a good light breakfast for about $10. There is also a general store diagonally across open all day and until mid evening for any other purchases you may need and the staff are very obliging. There is also a little restaurant/bar downstairs of an evening...it was NOT noisy at all but loads of atmosphere if you need a little something-something.
The lifts are the fastest I have experienced in any Wollongong hotels and the rooms the quietest so far...and i have stayed in most. The have two suggestions for management to improve further the quality for guests....1. there was not a top sheet on the bed only the doona which I found odd as I often like to sleep with just my sheet as I am sure others do.I have experienced it in a Sydney hotel once only but don't like it at all.
2. A mat or some sort of non slip grip in area outside bathroom door as I had a slip on exiting bathroom on way to bedroom area even though I had been standing on a bath mat.I did have concerned staff and a call the following day from Management and greatly appreciated their follow up. I hope the hotel would rectify it for me if I requested next visit as they do seem keen to please their guests.
Wollongong is filled with great restaurants and cafes and a wonderful harbour and beaches for you all to enjoy.
With regular visits to Wollongong over past 22 years and having stayed in many of the accommodations on offer I most definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Be guided by recommendation of hotel, I asked for a quiet room and it was.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hi travelled13,

Thank you so much for providing such a detailed review of our hotel, the team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for the feedback regarding the top sheet and the bathroom area, this feedback has been taken on board and will be discussed with the team.

Thanks again for the great feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Wollongong.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here for 1 nite....was able to check in early n a little late with no issues which was great. Room was lovely 5 floor...view if you looked straight out was lovely just don't look down...back of cafes etc...room clean..small but nice kitchenette ( didnt look for pots etc as only 1 nite)was extremely close to everything...location location location...gym excellent....now for pool area...small but nice pool, spa n sauna....sauna closed...spa cold n couldn't be turned on , heated pool freezing ....this shouldn't have been a issue for feb but unfortunalty for us it was only 20degrees...the spa was a big disappointment n I'm finding more than ever lately that hotels r purposely turned off or signage saying they r out of order just to save a few bucks.......parking was fine at $10, although very tight parking even in a little convertible ....plenty of available spaces but was mid week....over all nice hotel with friendly staff

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hi lodding,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong. It is great to hear that you found your room to be lovely and hotel to be well located. I was also very happy to read that you found our team to be friendly. In regards to the spa, unfortuantely we had an issue with the heater and jets, I am happy to advise that this has now been rectified.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong next time you are in town.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Medina(Now called Adina).It is situated close to basically everything one needs within walking distance from small restaurants, cafes, aldi, woolworths, chemist, Macdonalds :) for the kids, shopping malls David Jones and Myer:) for me. Also a short walk to parks and the beach. It's also a 30min approx drive to Kiama a beautiful place to explore and a similar trip to Jamberoo water park.
The apartment we had was very clean and surprisingly quiet even with the bar downstairs( which was a nice surprise).
What I loved most was that our rooms are cleaned and made up every morning.
The pool and gym are great and my kids loved it.
Yes it was tricky with car park but the staff would go out of their way and actually move their cars so we could have a spot. Much appreciated.
All the staff both at reception and staff who clean and prepare our room are very friendly and helpful.
Thank you for a great holiday. I have and will continue to let anyone I know how lovely it was to stay at the Adina.
We will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hi glogsm,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and had a great holiday! We are particularly pleased to read that the Team were able to help you with the car parking.

Once again thank you for your review, your feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago. Staff at reception were very friendly and efficient. We extra for our parking but found the carpark a bit difficult - very tight spaces and hard to get in and out of. The lifts are really, really slow.
Our room was on a high level which was lovely and quiet. Decor is modern, sparse. Location was really good. There are a few cafes around and of course the beach.

My only issue was with the cleanliness. I found that our pillows smelt of sweat (perhaps they hadn't been changed?). However, after a really long day driving and a bad headache I didn't have the energy to get these changed. Overall though I wish I had as the sweaty pillow smell ruined the experience for me. The bathroom floor had also not been cleaned well as there were water marks on the floor tiles.

Room Tip: Im not sure if I would use their carpark again - I would probably try the street parking next time. Get a room that is higher up as it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Judds09,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad you found our location to be great and the rooms to be modern.

I was surprised to read your comment regarding the pillows, I can assure you that all our linen is professionally laundered before entering any of our rooms. I have shared your feedback in regards to the bathroom floor with our Housekeeping Team, cleanliness at our hotel is held in the highest regard and is something we pride ourselves on.

We hope to have you return to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong in the not too distant future.