“It was Fantastic staying at the Medina(It has since been renamed Adina).”

Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Wollongong
“It was Fantastic staying at the Medina(It has since been renamed Adina).”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Medina(Now called Adina).It is situated close to basically everything one needs within walking distance from small restaurants, cafes, aldi, woolworths, chemist, Macdonalds :) for the kids, shopping malls David Jones and Myer:) for me. Also a short walk to parks and the beach. It's also a 30min approx drive to Kiama a beautiful place to explore and a similar trip to Jamberoo water park.
The apartment we had was very clean and surprisingly quiet even with the bar downstairs( which was a nice surprise).
What I loved most was that our rooms are cleaned and made up every morning.
The pool and gym are great and my kids loved it.
Yes it was tricky with car park but the staff would go out of their way and actually move their cars so we could have a spot. Much appreciated.
All the staff both at reception and staff who clean and prepare our room are very friendly and helpful.
Thank you for a great holiday. I have and will continue to let anyone I know how lovely it was to stay at the Adina.
We will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hi glogsm,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and had a great holiday! We are particularly pleased to read that the Team were able to help you with the car parking.

Once again thank you for your review, your feedback has been shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong soon.

Warren Cullum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago. Staff at reception were very friendly and efficient. We extra for our parking but found the carpark a bit difficult - very tight spaces and hard to get in and out of. The lifts are really, really slow.
Our room was on a high level which was lovely and quiet. Decor is modern, sparse. Location was really good. There are a few cafes around and of course the beach.

My only issue was with the cleanliness. I found that our pillows smelt of sweat (perhaps they hadn't been changed?). However, after a really long day driving and a bad headache I didn't have the energy to get these changed. Overall though I wish I had as the sweaty pillow smell ruined the experience for me. The bathroom floor had also not been cleaned well as there were water marks on the floor tiles.

Room Tip: Im not sure if I would use their carpark again - I would probably try the street parking next time...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Judds09,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad you found our location to be great and the rooms to be modern.

I was surprised to read your comment regarding the pillows, I can assure you that all our linen is professionally laundered before entering any of our rooms. I have shared your feedback in regards to the bathroom floor with our Housekeeping Team, cleanliness at our hotel is held in the highest regard and is something we pride ourselves on.

We hope to have you return to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights in a studio room. Very spacious and comfortable. Close to many restaurants, CBD and the beach. Very friendly at reception. We will definitely be back.
Only complaint was no milk in the fridge, but one phone call and milk was delivered quickly.
Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Steve T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong. We are genuinely happy that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable and that our Reception Team was friendly.

Apologies for not having milk in your room when your arrived, I am glad this was quickly rectified however.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong soon.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was our 2nd stay. We stayed overnight in October and were very happy. However this visit wasn't quite as pleasant. Our room was a little older and not as modern. We had booked for 3 adults and told at check-in that it would be extra to make the sofa-bed up! When I mentioned that it was booked for 3 the bed was made up without charge. In fact, we were 2 adults with our 2 grandchildren. We had brought a portable cot for the youngest. Thank goodness the sofa bed was for our 5 year old as there is no way an adult could sleep on it. It was buckled, on a slant and had a mattress that was no thicker then a thin doona! Only an extremely tired 5 year old could manage a nights sleep. The shower head was broken and couldn't be fixed until the next day. There was no frypan, this should be mandatory in accommodation with kitchen facilities. We stayed 2 nights and the rubbish bin was not cleared the whole time. Mostly though, the room was clean although the TV remotes were putrid, oh, and one of the remotes didn't work! When you are paying over $500 for a 2 nights stay, you expect the attention to detail to be there. On a positive note, the staff were great, the pool area was fantastic and the location is ideal for an outing to Kiama and to Jamberoo Park. If I was to stay again I would definitely request the room I had during our original stay.
Wendy W

Room Tip: If you are going to be using the sofa bed, check that it is suitable for adults to sleep on.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi WendyWoo44,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.

I must say I was shocked to read the feedback, particularly the issues you raised in regards to housekeeping and the sofabed, please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced. If possible I would be grateful if we could discuss your stay further, I am also eager to obtain the room number you stayed so I can follow this up with the team asap.

02 4250 5000 or wcullum@adinahotels.com.au
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The room was Ok as it was obviously a brand new building, after I booked a room for two nights we drove there but there was no car parking spot, we had to park our car 2 street downer in 2hr parking zone and walk 10 min with all luggage and bags to get there and all the time worry about your car spot, however in their advertising you see the parking is available! Also they charge us $12.50 per person for continental breakfast at the time of the booking but they said we put the package in the fridge.( it was an orange juice with a bread) you can eat a big hot breaky in some nearby cafe for that price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Austline
Hi Austline,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I am sorry that you were unable to find a car park during your time with us, unfortunately car parking is can be limited at times of high occupancy such as Saturdays.

Apologies also if the communication in regards to the breakfast packs was not clear. These are designed as a quick and easy option for guests who may not have the time to visit the local cafes and restaurants. The packs contain cereal, milk, yoghurt, juice and a muesli bar, this option is quite popular with alot of our corporate guests. I agree that if you have the time it is well worth visiting one of the many great cafe's in the area.

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom appartment, it was spacious and well equiped, a full kitchen a laundry facilities. The rooms were well maintained and regularly serviced

The hotel was centrally located yet the area itself was fairly quiet. It was only a short walk to the shops including a reasonably sized supermarket and also just a short stoll to the beaches and harbour. There is underground parking but it is a little expensive at $10 a night and space is limited and so you can miss out on secure parking in busy periods

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi nigelpg,

Thank you for taking the time to review Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong. We are delighted you had a great stay with us and found our rooms to be spacious, well equipped and centrally located. It is great to receive such positive feedback.

Thanks again for your review, we hope to welcome you back someday.

Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked a 2 night stay to visit relatives in Wollongong, it is the 2nd time in 6 months as we have not really been able to find anything else. This time the studio room was ours, it was pretty clean except for some hairs left on the bathroom floor. The bed was comfy, but the TV is a bit far from the bed so it is hard to see whilst laying down. My biggest gripe with the place is the key issue in the lifts etc.,. this happened to us the last time and we had heaps of trouble, everyone kept telling us it was our problem and then they would try it themselves only to find that keys apparently had expired and it was only our first night of our stay. The 2nd biggest gripe is the very very limited parking issue, the funny thing is that you are charged for it, but it is first come, first served basis. We came home from a night out with the family in the pouring rain only to find that there were no parks, and when we complained told that it was really bad luck and if we wanted to make sure that we had one dont come back at 8pm. So my advice is to get in early and leave your car there, then try and brave the wollongong cabs to get anywhere not that it is easy.

Room Tip: If you are parking a car and want a car park, get in very early and leave it there. The immediate s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Warren C, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hi Chicko2075,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies in regards to finding hairs on the floor, I was very surprised to read this. In response to the key issues, unfortunately we did experience some issues with our key readers over the Christmas period, I am happy to advise that this has since been rectified. As mentioned car parking can be limited during times of peak occupancy, particularly the Dec/Jan school holidays. I am sorry if you felt the team did not handle your complaint well. Please note, you should not be charged for parking if you do not use the parking facility, if this has occured please contact me directly at the hotel so I can retify this for you.