“Good for lunch after shopping”
Review of Mylan Restaurant

Mylan Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 442 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food is flavoursome and made from fresh ingredients. The beef salad is my favourite for lunch. You can feel a little rushed but the staff are friendly

There are newer reviews for Mylan Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked for a large group on a friday night and we were made aware that we had to leave by 8pm as they did 2 sittings (in which I cant stand anyway), though as soon as I sat down the waiter was asking every 2 seconds what have you decided? have you decided? what are you having? We hadnt even looked at the menu... When we finally did order the entrees were out within minutes, so whilst I was placing my first peice of entree in my mouth the waiter was standing behind me slopping down the next plate getting us to stuff it down and not enjoy. I asked him to slow down and that we have 2 WHOLE hours to eat our meal. Not half an hour?!He brought out the thrid entree when it was clear we were still eating plate number one, and I just said take it back, we are here to enjoy, not at a fast food place.
As soon as I was eating my third entree peice, low and behold the mains started arriving... with an hour to go. Once again I asked to slow it down and to stop rushing us. By that stage the whole party felt we were being pushed out of here to make way for the next people. If you cant handle 2 sittings, then dont do it.
The manager was apologetic, though wasnt sincere at all. She just wanted our money and for us to get out. I used to love this place but sadly myself and all my work collegues will never go back.

1  Thank margs83
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My first visit back to Mylan after 9 years and now i remember why. We ordered the chef special for 2. They randomly bring you whatever the chef has left over.
Starters were plain tasting siew mai, spring rolls and a battered prawn. The sauce for siew mai were completely wrong.
Main was a satay chicken. Flavour was lacking depth and authenticity. Prawn dish had no sauce what so ever, so left eating prawns with dry rice.
There are so many other asian influenced places for 1/2 the price in the same street. They might not look so trendy, but you can at least hear each other talk and eat more authentic tasting food.
Service was just ok, but staff could be more attentive and friendly.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This a family favourite. Last time we were in The Gong it was fully booked, but this time we dined early after shopping. Lovely fresh food and great service. One of the best value eateries in town.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Food was fine but lacking in authenticity (mainly serve fusion food). Service was slow and waiting staff come across as slightly unfriendly.