“Nice but over rated”

The Lagoon Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 433 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Nice but over rated”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice place ok location but overall I was disappointed with the variety on offer and the cost. We were a group of 12, the service was great...fast and accurate. My partner and I ordered barramundi nick, we were extremely shocked when our meal was served...it was TINY and for over $30 we expected more! I wont go back in a hurry!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank dani f

Wollongong, Australia
“Great lunch again.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th year of going to the Lagoon for our work Christmas lunch. The food is always amazing. Service was above average. Top it off with the fantastic location and you can't ask for more.

Sydney Australia
“The best Seafood platter I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was an absolute pleasure to visit this restaurant and I cannot wait to go back here. So much so that we are considering having a wedding there. The price was great and the value for money awesome. I love the fact they also have a full bar too so you can order amazing fresh cocktails. Excellent view of the lagoon & the beach along with watching skydivers come onto the sand. Amazing food experience and a must try if you stay locally. They also own SeaCliff.

Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Beach views, spectacular seafood platter and good service”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We go to the Lagoon for special occasions and to take visitors who want to enjoy the view and good seafood. Our favourite is the seafood platter. The service is friendly and responsive. Our favourite restaurant in Wollongong

Towradgi
“Christmas with 420 friends”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Well how can a restaurant handle 420 jolly Christmas epicureans at one sitting? Serving the best food! Fantastic wines! Personalised service and better still even a Santa for our grandchildren. The in house music was ideal with a mixture of traditional and modern Christmas and Buble type songs. It gets better we did not have to endure 1 note o 'Winter Wonderland.'
My children spouses and and grandchildren with my bride really enjoyed Christmas 2012.

We are frequent Lagoonites (300 + visits) and it never lets us down.

I must write a fuller review on the a la carte menu. If you love fresh fish, oysters and prawns etc. You will find the Lagoon never ever fails.

EpicureanTowradgi