“Very unfriendly staff and environment”

Collegians Balgownie
Ranked #20 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Wollongong
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Collegians Balgownie is one of four Collegians venues in the Illawarra. Collegians Balgownie features a sports bar with television and gaming facilities, a coffee shop for warm beverages and sweet treats. Our 1TWO6 Dining Area is open for reservations, functions and walk ins.
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Very unfriendly staff at the entrance, the place is filled with right lights and TVs, slot machines, depressing enviroment.

Date of visit: January 2020
collegiansrlfc, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator at Collegians Balgownie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Elisabetta,

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with Collegians Balgownie.
So that we can rectify the issue, could you please email marketing@collegians.com.au

We would like to hear more about the 'unfriendly staff at the entrance'.
Thank you.

Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed November 7, 2019 via mobile

Menu good, food in general good, service God BUT the salad bar shocking. Half empty at 7.30pm. Choice pathetic with lettuce dry and just curled up. For THE PREMIER LEAGUE'S CLUB IN THE ILLAWARRA, not good enough.

Date of visit: November 2019
collegiansrlfc, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator at Collegians Balgownie, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2019

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear you are happy with our menu range, food quality and service.

In regards to our all you can eat salad bar, we are sorry to see it ran out early.
We will notify our head chef to ensure the salad bar is regularly stocked up.
We would like for all our customers to experience our salad bar at its best.

Thank you & we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2019

Its a hidden spot where retirees and old folks and young families with babies often frequent the home-cooking style lunch place inside.
Members receive $1.50 discount for lunch (now $6.50) which is good value as it comes with 1 generous main item (1/4 grilled chicken or battered fish or chops, and chips and serf-service salad bowl (salad bench)
Menu changes everyday - pls check Collegians Club website for details
Its gourmet feel and local suburban setting, nothing fanciful but I like this non-pretentious environment where I often get a few greetings with locals.

Hi Clem_Sydney,

Thank you for your review of our club.
We are thrilled to see we are ticking your boxes and you enjoy the environment our club offers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Great family restaurant where you get a nice meal at a good price and kids are welcome without it being to fancy

Date of visit: April 2019
collegiansrlfc, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator at Collegians Balgownie, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback,
We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed April 7, 2019

I hardly write reviews unless I am rly anoyed..but...

I came to Collegians Balgownie with my young son to watch the footy on the weekend. The security on the door was checking memberships and mine was expired, he politely reminded me of this and told me I need to renew it. But I could not do this as I had my son and needed to enter the pokies room (pretty silly). The guard was kind enough to get my details and cash, and run it into the cash desk to get sorted while i stuffed round trying to get wifi on my sons device.

A short time later the guard came back and told me it was being sorted out and I could head in. To my shock he then offered to setup the free wifi on the device. This took a few minutes. He got it sorted an my son was happy. We sat down and the guard came back with my change and my ID and checked if the device was still working.

I had not been inside for years but the venue was comfortable and about as child friendly as you will get for a footy game. Will likely return more often after this weekend.

Date of visit: April 2019

We are happy to hear our security assisted you and helped make your experience a positive one.
We hope to see you again soon.