“Meal with a view”

Ranked #2 of 442 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established for over 30 years, we're located on the South Coast of NSW, an hour south of Sydney. Positioned on the water’s edge of Belmore Basin with beautiful views of Wollongong Harbour and our coastline, we offer a unique dining experience. We source some of Australia's most beautiful produce, bringing to your plate the best in fresh local produce. Join us, dine on the harbour for lunch or dinner, 7 days a week 365 days per year.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Could not fault the food or the staff, there was 8 in our family,chidren were well looked after,
all round experience very good.

There are newer reviews for Harbourfront Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I don't normally complain about restaurants, but my visit to this establishment was THE most awful experience I have had at an eatery.
I ordered barramundi and prawns, and for a seafood restaurant I expected that they would know how to cook a prawn. Well the 2 prawns that I was served tasted as though they had been defrosted and overlooked (possibly microwaved) I had to spit it out it was so bad. Even I would have been embarrassed to serve them up at a barby let alone at a "seafood restaurant"
I calmly and politely mentioned it to the waiter and asked for 2 new prawns (fresh and cooked correctly) to which he sulked off to the kitchen and I never heard or saw anything of my replacements. 20 minutes later the waiter passed by our table and quipped "oh did you get your prawns" (his job to know that I would have thought)
We asked then to speak to the manager to tell him of our displeasure, to which he (the manager) ran off and sent over the drinks waiter in the guise of "The Manager" at which point we asked to speak to the owner! "The "Manager"(drinks waiter) then advised us that the owner was too busy in the kitchen to come out.
I was ultimately offered 50'/. off my meal as recompense for the crap food & service. Not good enough!
I went upstairs and chased down the runawayl manager and unleashed on him.
Now, I've worked in some of the finest dining rooms in Australia and would never have allowed a customer to leave so disgusted for the sake of a couple of lousy prawns. My dog could have cooked better than that. Shame on you Harbourfront !
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Wollongong in general, and ate at some wonderful eateries. This one sadly doesn't make the grade.

2  Thank Chris R
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Not fantastic ... But ok... The tasting dish was mediocre, garlic bread plain and the steak/prawns with mash cooked as asked, but had not been rested ... Which leads to blood leakage .. Onto to the creamy white mash ... Not good... The sauce was nice though.... Probably wouldn't eat there again and rate it a 6/10

1  Thank Zelinsky
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The restaurant overlooks the harbour which provides an interesting scene during the day. Glare can be a problem for diners though. The service was very pleasant and attentive. The food was beautiful and well presented.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was recently taken to the harbourfront by some clients in Wollongong for a Christmas Dinner. WOW! What a gem!

The place was busy however we were seated promptly and shown to a lovely seat near the window overlooking the harbour. Upon reccomendation from our waiter, we enjoyed the freshest seafood platter I have ever had. Not only was the platter a winner, it came with the most succulent lobster I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.

The wine list was extensive and had good variety and we were impressed with the effiecient servive.

I now have another restaurant to add to my list of places to visit on any occasion and will definitely book in for my anniversary.