“Overpriced , bad service”

Harbourfront Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 469 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established for over 30 years, we're located on the South Coast of NSW, an hour south of Sydney. Positioned on the water’s edge of Belmore Basin with beautiful views of Wollongong Harbour and our coastline, we offer a unique dining experience. We source some of Australia's most beautiful produce, bringing to your plate the best in fresh local produce. Join us, dine on the harbour for lunch or dinner, 7 days a week 365 days per year.
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Went for a Xmas lunch if water wasn't already on the table I would have gone thirsty. I chose the $35 2 course as did others. They forgot people's food some had finished as others meals as others were served. I was promised a
main size exchange for an entree BUT no entree was my main- after everyone else had been served. Dessert was so disappointing - bland . Overall I won't go back - too noisy & over priced .

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our night at Harbourfront. Beautiful setting, we were right by the window so great soaking up the view and remaining sunshine.
Food was excellent - lovely bruschetta to start, and all four at our table were pleased with their entree and main. Portion sizes were generous and none of us could face dessert. Being from NZ we don't get such delicious big prawns - these were a highlight.
I would recommend starting with a cocktail - they were so refreshing, and if you aren't drinking the staff are very happy to whip you up a non-alcoholic drink.
The highlight of the night were the fantastic staff - our waiter was so friendly and funny - still remaining professional of course. Great meal.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing as was the service and the venue highly recommend the seafood platter. They really looked after the kids and made the outing memorable

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My first experience was on a gift voucher I had received and they had just completed renovations downstairs, I ordered a Lobster mornay + three other different meals before they finally had something I wanted, I swore I would never return even though they offered me a free meal on next visit I declined, never wanting to go back.
I then had a very sick friend who wanted to go there for a meal to celebrate Christmas and reluctantly I said OK if you really want to go. So pleased I went we couldn't fault the meal
(Lobster mornay) or our waiter Andre and all staff, he was most obliging and went out of his way to ensure we had a good night. I would have to say without a doubt it was the best meal ever at a restaurant and I eat out frequently. So pleased I went back to give it a second chance.
Thank you to all staff working there I have no hesitation in highly recommending the Harbourfront Wollongong for one of the best seafood meals around. Wendy

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Can`t agree with the good reviews here. The four of us had rather average tasting dishes, convenience food I`d call it. The Calamari looked and tasted the same than the ones you buy frozen in the supermarket, nothing much. My main course was misplaced, so I had to watch the others eating for some time, alright. Next day I was sick, I was very suspicious but can`t prove it was that dinner, however a friend told us about a similar experience. Wine was fine, seating by the harbour too. Overall far too pricey for the quality. Would definetely give it a miss.

1  Thank NiccOnTheRoad