“Couldn't fault it second time around”

Harbourfront Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 448 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established for over 30 years, we're located on the South Coast of NSW, an hour south of Sydney. Positioned on the water’s edge of Belmore Basin with beautiful views of Wollongong Harbour and our coastline, we offer a unique dining experience. We source some of Australia's most beautiful produce, bringing to your plate the best in fresh local produce. Join us, dine on the harbour for lunch or dinner, 7 days a week 365 days per year.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My first experience was on a gift voucher I had received and they had just completed renovations downstairs, I ordered a Lobster mornay + three other different meals before they finally had something I wanted, I swore I would never return even though they offered me a free meal on next visit I declined, never wanting to go back.
I then had a very sick friend who wanted to go there for a meal to celebrate Christmas and reluctantly I said OK if you really want to go. So pleased I went we couldn't fault the meal
(Lobster mornay) or our waiter Andre and all staff, he was most obliging and went out of his way to ensure we had a good night. I would have to say without a doubt it was the best meal ever at a restaurant and I eat out frequently. So pleased I went back to give it a second chance.
Thank you to all staff working there I have no hesitation in highly recommending the Harbourfront Wollongong for one of the best seafood meals around. Wendy

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Can`t agree with the good reviews here. The four of us had rather average tasting dishes, convenience food I`d call it. The Calamari looked and tasted the same than the ones you buy frozen in the supermarket, nothing much. My main course was misplaced, so I had to watch the others eating for some time, alright. Next day I was sick, I was very suspicious but can`t prove it was that dinner, however a friend told us about a similar experience. Wine was fine, seating by the harbour too. Overall far too pricey for the quality. Would definetely give it a miss.

1  Thank NiccOnTheRoad
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Needed to have efficient service - which we did receive and were pleasantly surprised by the very tasty and well presented hot and cold seafood platter to share. Lobster morney was a tasty melt In your mouth experience and loved the king prawns. Salad dressing was zesty and the meal was a great way to start the night whilst also enjoying the evening over looking the Harbour

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Harbourfront restaurant & team of staff we thank you for creating a wonderful wedding experience for us. The newly renovated premises are exceptional & wedding styling was stunning. The food & service was to the highest of standards. Our guests raved about the food, decor & ambience restaurant provides. Harbourfront has the best views & the setting on the harbour, is the best in Wollongong. The wedding functions team, Danielle & Iman were wonderful to work with, paying attention to every fine detail. Harbourfront food is different to a typical function centre, as you can select from a wide range options, all dishes are very well presented with generous servings. Our guests were so impressed & said the food is delicious! I highly recommend Harbourfront as a wedding venue.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Over here in Australia from UK. I made the birthday reservation before leaving home and was delighted to have been allocated a window table with magnificent views of the harbour with the added bonus of a lovely sunset over the escarpment as we took our seats. The food was equal to the setting and the craic with the staff added to this memorable evening. I had Scallops with Chorizo to start followed by 'local' Snapper fillets grilled to perfection. My 3 guests all had similar comments to make about their own selections from Zucchini florets to Atlantic Salmon the verdicts were excellent food across all plates. We are now about to make The Harbourfront our New Years Eve venue of choice and will be making our reservation as soon as we can confirm our numbers!
This was a real birthday treat that did not disappoint!