“Tasty !!!”

Centro CBD
Ranked #82 of 437 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Centro CBD has been serving Italian cuisine in Wollongong for more than 3 decades. Experience sensational flavours that are inspired from our Italian heritage and indulge the palate with both classic and modern dishes that range from various regions of Italy.House made Gnocchi, rich ragùs, fresh seafood and varied meat and game dishes beautifully craftedThe restaurant has a modern feel with a stunning backdrop of Venice, a bar typical of Italy where you can enjoy a pre dinner aperitif or cocktail and an olive grove courtyard for the Italian tradition of “alfresco” dining.To compliment and enhance the flavours of our cuisine we have carefully chosen a variety of Italian and Australian Wines for you to select from.
port macquarie
“Tasty !!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were a party of 11 celebrating a 60th Birthday. What a night we had. The specials sounded so appealling as did the main menu. Took a while to whittle the choices down as they all sounded so good. I selected the Soft Shell Crab which was 3 delicious crabs cooked to perfection. I followed up with The rabbit served on mash with a drizzle of olive oil and green olives, almost licked the plate. My husband ordered off the special menu for entree - a Risotto with deboned lamb shank and peas. Moist rice and moist shank absolutely beautifull. His main of the Rack of Lamb was prbobaly the only disappointment. It was minisucle. He enjoyed the flavour but definately too small. The rest of the party all seemed very pleased with their choices, there was much lip smacking going on.
The dessert menu was varied and my choice was Cannoli with chocolate custard and vanilla custard fillings - 2 of each. Hubby had the Rhubarb and Apple Crumble, again delicious.
The bonus of this restuarant it's BYO wine and the staff are fantastic.

• Visited October 2012

South Coast, NSW
“A great family lunch!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Located within the CBD of Wollongong, Centro offers great value for all.
Family lunch experience saw a good selection from the children's menu, regular menu and specials of the day. Seafood was the choice today with flathead, mixed seafood and calamari dishes ordered. A superb meal however the shoestring fries were considerably salty which did affect the flavours of the seafood dishes.
A good wine list ranging from Italian to local and regional wine styles.
Service tip notch.

• Visited October 2012
Wollongong, Australia
“New Management”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The new management have greatly improved the ambiance of the Centro (formerly the Italian Centre) the food is cracking, they tried to be a bit pretentious but reigned that in quickly and now supply simple high quality Italian fare. Please don't judge the place by the wall hangings, so much potential so little thought as to how to hand the pictures. Tell them to speak to the Art Gallery about how to do it!

South Coast, NSW
“A good feed but my dish a little disappointing”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant several times before and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. A few nights ago I ordered the lasagna and found it dry and not as fresh as I would expect from a home made lasagna.
I couldn't decide between a risotto dish and the lasagna and asked the waiter. His reply was that they were both very good.... I beg to differ.
The rocket salad with parmesan cheese was great.
Atmosphere is was great on Friday night with two men playing classical Italian tunes on their guitars.
Service good but am still disappointed with lasagna.

• Visited March 2012
Shellharbour, Australia
“Mostly nice, however wife's meal was of a poor standard.”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Service was a bit slow, as we waited sometime for the waitress to take our orders. Entree's we very nice, we we in a group and had a large mix of entree's to which we were all satisfied. BYO was great option to which we took up. The mains were mostly great except for my wife's meal which was not what was stated on the menu, to both my wife & I it was not a pleasant taste. When the waitress was collecting our plates she was asking how our meals were? My wife politely told her that her mael was not nice, to which she replied really, oh I am sorry about that! No refund offered for that meal, considering the overall bill was around the $700 mark I thought they could have at least taken off the "not nice meal" but no luck.. Strange location, slow service, meals are at a reasonable price, would I be back in a hurry probably not.

• Visited November 2011