“One of the best Mexican in Wollongong!”

Amigos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 437 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Wollongong, Australia
“One of the best Mexican in Wollongong!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is amazing and the drinks are great too! I've never been able to finish a main by myself so what I would reckon is to have a main and an entree between two!
As for drinks, nothing beats the Sangria.

Price wise, it is on the higher side in terms of food in Wollongong, but the quality and portion size reflects this.

Also on Tuesday nights, they have cheap tacos. You can get three tacos (Chicken, Beef, Pork or one of each) for $10.

Best to make a reservation as they are usually busy.

• Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
“an hour wait for food and not even busy”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went here on a saturday night to be seated in probably the furthest possible table out the back. I've been here many times over the years and its very hit and miss. This time was a huge miss. The menu has changed [again! about the 6th time in the past couple of years].
The waitress came and took our drink order almost immediately, turns out pepsi comes in a bottle now, not a glass with ice. So it gets warm very quick [yuk!]. We finally ordered after sitting for 15 mins... 50 minutes later our meals finally arrived (we didnt even order an entree but wish we had as we were starving by then). Waitress completely ignored us so I went to the bar myself to get a cup of ice for my drink as it was warm and sickly after half an hour.
When it did arrive, the chicken was still pink ! Not impressed ! Couldnt even stomach looking at it. I do not recommend ever coming here and I wont be again.

• Visited April 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great service, disappointing food”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Extremely disappointed with the food. It was not worth the money I paid. The pork in the signature dish "Carnitas" was tough and cold. The Churros was as hard as a rock. Not an enjoyable dinner overall. Great customer service by the staff but that's about it.

• Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Yeh! very expensive now, not value for money. Very tacky and just out to grab your money. They should concetrate on return customers and not just the alcohol infused mob that were there the night I was last there.

• Visited March 2013
Wollongong, Australia
“One of my favourites”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Love this place, I try something different every time and its always good, we always go in groups to share lots of plates. The Carnitas is just amazing, pork cooked in Coca Cola, yummmm

Visited March 2013