“Expensive”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Yeh! very expensive now, not value for money. Very tacky and just out to grab your money. They should concetrate on return customers and not just the alcohol infused mob that were there the night I was last there.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Love this place, I try something different every time and its always good, we always go in groups to share lots of plates. The Carnitas is just amazing, pork cooked in Coca Cola, yummmm

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really love the food at Amigos! Have never been disappointed with the food and if you're after real mexican food Amigos is it. The seating can be a bit cramped and its a bit noisy but you don't seem to mind once you start eating!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been going to Amigos for many years, but the last experience was by far the worst and unfortunately I will not be going back. Whilst the food was ok, I was quite disgusted to see yet another price rise. I ordered dips and the small dip bowls were only half full.

But by far the worst thing was that the main meal (which cost $30) was served on a white plastic (melamine) plate. I felt like I was eating at Ikea, it actually looked like a tray, not a plate. When I enquired as to why they are now using plastic plates, they said it has for 'hygiene reasons' as they get too many chipped plates. Honestly, how ridiculous!

Oh, and don't bother giving them any kind of negative feedback to their facebook page, they will delete the comments and block you from posting to their page, they did this to me and have also done it to other people I know.

4  Thank melwollongong
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Amigos is a totally awesome restaurant. The staff are fantastic, the location is great, the food is authentic and the sangrias are out of this world. I love how Wollongong is famous for Amigos. Its even better that they are open at lunch and dinner now.