“Great Platters! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Living Room
Ranked #2 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Wollongong
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Platters! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Great food, fantastic for parties and outings with friends! Friendly staff and amazing food!
The Black Friday platter was just delish.

1 Thank Daniel R

russell vale
“5 star food and service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Visited just before the new year when it was full ( other cafes were closed ).
We were served promptly by a very courteous and friendly waitress. Drinks were brought quickly and we were kept informed on the progress of our food order. Considering the place was full, the wait for our food was not too long but when it arrived, it was delicious. Thank you to all the staff for making it a very pleasurable dining experience. Will definitely be going back again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food + service. Turn down music!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had a great meal while trying to have a conversation. Competing with AWFUL disco music didn't create an atmosphere which I would frequent again on a Saturday night. Sad as the food and wine are great...as is the service. Please please please turn down the music!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Alexcinder
Wollongong, Australia
“We struck the rudest waiter ever at this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

When we arrived at the Living Room we were blasted by bland manufactured pop music that was gratingly loud. We were about to leave but then a waiter came to give us menus.

My partner asked him if they could turn down the music. The waiter made a bit of a fuss as though he couldn't understand what the issue was. I repeated the request. He then went to turn down the music, turning back to look at us as he did so. When he reached the stereo, he must have barely touched the volume because it sounded the same. We had to tell him it was no quieter for him to turn it down.

Next when he came to take our order, I ordered a baguette and requested that it be buttered.This seemed to make sense to the waiter at the time yet he came back several minutes later only to pretend he couldn't understand what it was that I wanted them to do with the butter. Confused with what the problem was I explained that I just wanted the bread buttered before the filling was put on it. The waiter made an elaborate display, complete with exaggerated facial gestures, claiming that he couldn't understand what it was that I wanted. My last effort to explain involved comparing the baguette to a sandwich where one might put butter on it. After another show from the waiter where his manners seemed to have abandoned him altogether, it dawned on me that he was getting me back for not liking his music. The last straw was when he disappeared into the kitchen. A woman then appeared at the kitchen window staring and smirking at us.

We decided not to stick around and got our orders as take-aways. After all their fuss about the butter, I looked at my roll and found there was butter on it. Not so hard to understand after all then.....

• Visited April 2013
8 Thank Jenny F
Wollongong, Australia
“More like an office”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Turned up on a saturday night to relax at the living room. First impression, everyone seated in a line and looked more like an office than a living room. The bar aross the street had more atmosphere

• Visited April 2013