“Vegans Delight”

Ranked #192 of 431 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Au Lac we pride ourselves on our delicious and innovative dishes that are freshly made with very nutritious ingredients which are extremely good for you & your family’s health.The term Soy “Meat” Varieties or Vegetarian “Meat” provide more alternatives, convenience and delicious flavours that are similar to real “Meat”. Being a vegetarian does not have to mean you’re limited for choices.When you are planning your next party or event and want to have something fresh, healthy, and unique just give a call or send us an email and leave the rest to us. We will do our best to save you time, money and more importantly we will impress you and your guests with stunning tasty dishes as it is our mission is to spread deliciousness to the world.We are very proud of our Au Lac Vegetarian Products not only being 100% pure vegetarian, free of meat, seafood, onion, garlic, chives, leeks and spring onions, but they are also made of textured soy protein, wheat flour, konnyaku and mushrooms. Our delicious dishes are made with a vast perfected variety of products from the freshest local markets and premium-imported ingredients.
Wollongong, Australia
“Vegans Delight”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Being a strict vegetarian, this place is kind of like a dream come true. I can eat EVERYTHING on the menu, I don't have to discuss with the waitstaff (who then sometimes have to discuss with the chef, this can become a long process) if certain meals can be altered to suit my diet. I can pick something from the menu, and know it's going to be delicious. And it is delicious!
I've been here with some friends who love meat, and they thought everything we ate here was delicious, so this place is suitable for meat eater. The "meat" products they use here are full of flavour and really satisfying. And the laksa is moreish, and my favourite on the menu.
Au Lac also have a stall at the Friday Markets in the mall, with lots of premise salads and cold rolls for healthy and on the go lunch options.

(There's no outdoor seating, so ignore my rating of "terrible" for outdoor seating. I can't unclick it)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sophie L

Wollongong, Australia
“Vegan Menu for Everyone”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

As all vegans are well aware the hardest part of dining out is having to question the staff as to the ingredients of individual dishes and even then one is never really comfortable if the food served is really vegan? Well, here you can dine in comfort and order whatever you like - everything on the menu is vegan! No need to ask any questions, just pick what you like and enjoy an equisite and healthy dinner at a reasonable price.

We have taken many non-vegetarians there for dinner and all without exception have enjoyed their meal, often commenting that they would not have guessed the food to be vegan.

What we like best is that we can order anything on the menu and know it is healthy and tasty without compromise. Only downside is that if you have not booked you may have to wait for a table.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Erik L
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was down in Wollongong on a trip with my partner and neither of us are vegatarians but we had heard good reviews about this restaurant. So we thought we would try it out, because we are trying to eat more healthier now. It was not what I was expecting as a vegetarian meal. It was so full of flavour and soo filling!! It is very good value for money and the staff are amazing here!! I will definately eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Natasha S
Brisbane, Australia
“Satisfying experience.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am not a vegetarian but I love vegetarian food. Most restaurants offer some vegetarian options but they are often afterthoughts at the end of the menu, so it is god to find a place where veg is top of the list.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Eclair1951
“The quality of the food was outstanding”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've been to this restaurant and I will certainly go again the sevice is great there are lots of choices and the food is superb. Not only is it beautifully presented it is fresh and full of flavour. Serving sizes are great, for 2 courses I paid $18 which I thought was great value for money. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited February 2014