“A good feed, what else do you want?”
Review of The Mango Tree

The Mango Tree
Ranked #18 of 446 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

A non pretentious environment but tasty Indian food are the main features of this establishment which overlooks the Southern Pacific Ocean.
The service here is good and the food is exactly what we like in an Indian restaurant with a reasonable selection in each category of meat, chicken and vegetable. The pricing is very fair.
We have been to the Mango Tree several times in groups and no one has had anything negative to say.
The only suggestion is to offer a more interesting selection of beers and to offer ginger beer( not ale) on the drinks menu.
Overall, a good place to go.

3  Thank 54JOEY

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Have dinner here very regularly being a Wollongong local. Either dining in or takeaway option, the food is always exceptional and I cannot not recommend higher!

Definitely worth a visit!

4  Thank Jack S
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Cold night so not a lot of folks venturing out making our visit a happy, uncrowded experience. The staff were most attentive without being intrusive. Now for the food - what a revelation. Two great curries, a Dahl and Tandoori Chicken (with a tasty mint yoghurt sauce) along with saffron rice and fabulous naan ( cheese as well as garlic). The Kingfisher beer topped it all off. Everyone satisfied so looking forward to many happy returns. By the way, the Pistachio Chicken was just as good as other reviewers have said.

3  Thank Bendalongboy
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My Wife & I had a rare 'child free' couple of hours, so we decided to have some dinner. We had heard how good this place was from colleagues, so we went.

All I can say is Wow. The place was fantastic.

The waiters were very knowledgeable about the food and what it is like, and for someone like me who has only eaten Indian food once before, it was very important.

We decided on 2 Different Naan Breads, Lamb Korma & Butter Chicken. It was fantastic.

The servings were large and we couldn't finish them.

The services was very good, without them hovering over us. When other meals came out of the kitchen and we asked our waiter what they were and they informed us about the meal, how spicey it was etc.

The nicest surprise was when we went to pay. I was amazed at how cheap it was for the 2 of us.

I would highly recommend this oasis in Wollongong.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
4  Thank Richard_The_Guy
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Nice and snug inside, very friendly service. Visited on a Monday night and they were quite busy, which I take as a good sign. Between 2 adults and a teenage daughter we enjoyed 2 entrees to share, onion balls and spring rolls, butter chicken and lamb korma, rice and a garlic nan to share. A drink each and the total was $75. We left satisfied and declaring it to be the nicest indian we could recall having. Would visit here again if I was in the area.

4  Thank est_888_10