Novotel Northbeach is a fine hotel. Impressions start with the staff and a hotel is generally only as good as it's staff. We found each staff member we had contact with to be friendly, courteous and professional. Top marks. This hotel is well positioned and makes use of it's great location and views from nearly every angle. The rooms are spacious, well appointed, very clean and comfortable. Aircon worked well and as with most Accor hotels we've stayed at the beds were comfy affording good sleep quality. The bathroom was well appointed with a good shower (most important)
It strikes a visitor as a very busy hotel with conferences, functions and weddings etc on all over the place. Wollongong has limited facilities like this for such events and for this reason a location such as Novotel Northbeach is obviously pretty popular.It's a large hotel and these events seem to be going on without much fuss or distraction for guests relaxing during a stay. There is a large bar area and a well located restaurant that makes use of the beachside location. Yes, as previously stated by others the buffet breakfast is a little pricey but no more so than most other hotels of similar rating and the quality of the buffet was also very good apart from the coffee. Unfortunately another constant victim with hotel buffet breakfasts is the lousy coffee spat out by the dreaded coffee machine.Most places seem to have one Never fear here...there's a coffee vendor mini cafe in the foyer that saves the day and does a great trade at breakfast time !. There are a number of nearby cafes that make the best of their location should you chose other than the hotel restaurant.
All up, the hotel is a little dated but is quite well maintained, very comfortable, friendly and well located. Some keen pricing is available if you look for it and it makes Novotel Northbeach pretty good value if you need somewhere nice to stay in Wollongong. Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one and a half hours south of Sydney in the beautiful Illawarra, Novotel Wollongong Northbeach is one of New South Wales’s most popular getaway and business venues. Situated opposite North Wollongong beach, the 4 1/2 star hotel boasts 204 accommodation rooms and spa suites featuring stunning ocean and mountain views. The hotel caters for both the leisure and business traveller, offering a range of facilities and services including a swimming pool, spa, sauna, fitness centre, day spa, restaurant and two bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Wollongong Northbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Wollongong Northbeach Hotel Wollongong
- Accor Wollongong Northbeach
- Wollongong Novotel