“Great ocean view room!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Wollongong
Melbourne
“Great ocean view room!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

An Accor Advantage Plus member - booked the ocean view room and it was amazing to be able to get up to a view of the ocean. Bed was good but the pillows were too soft. It will be a good idea to refurbish the place to give it an uplift. Nevertheless, we would definitely stay here again when we visit Wollongong next.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed recently as we were attending a family wedding in Wollongong. This hotel is in a wonderful location and has a fantastic outlook. Just be careful when eating your beautiful breakfast, if you choose to sit outside you need to be aware of the seagulls sweeping down to try to steal your bacon! They succeeded with my husband's breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This place was surprisingly bad. Had to use service elevator to get to room. The room was awful and old. Badly maintained. The room service eggs Benedict was the worst I ever had. I'm so glad I only had to stay 1 night there. Staff were friendly but too casual/unprofessional. All-in-all it's dated, shabby, badly managed.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Lounger99
NovotelWollongong, Front Office Manager at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this review, November 2, 2012

I must say that I am both surprised and concerned by your feedback. I would very much like to speak to your further about the points raised so I can address then appropriately. Would you mind contacting me on the below details?

Kind regards,

Oran Barraclough
Front Office Manager
02 4224 3169
H1654-FO@accor.com
Wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our meet and greet was great, very warm and genuine, There was a mix up with the room which they quickly fixed. We met Carl who was a gem.

Our Ocean view room was a good size, two double beds and a great view, bathroom is a good size but so dated, I didn't expect a yellowed plastic toilet seat which although clean was not acceptable for this standard of hotel. The bedroom was bright and seemed recently decorated with decent tv and fridge.

Wi fi was a nightmare, they charged me ASD66 and I discovered I could only connect one computer, sadly my wife lost out and after 2 days this packed in anyway, again not acceptable for this standard of hotel. I was offered a lobby pc for 2 dollars a time!

We attended a wedding and met family so had a busy time but we checked the pool out and found it dirty and small, you wouldnt want to spend too much time there. All other hotel facilities looked good and clean. The dining room was bright and had plenty of choice with hot and cold buffet, very nice and friendly attentive staff.

So would we return? I would check out some other hotels but the Novotel is comfortable and well placed and given what we paid it was good value, yes we would book again and hope there had been some upgrading and a bit more cleaning

Room Tip: Per book a balcony room, they were ful when we asked and the view is fantastic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Bathrooms need updating, I do not know why the sofa bed was made to layout when there was only two people staying in the room. The bathroom is very dated and needs up dating as the reception area and bar area seem a lot newer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Please know that I have shared your feedback with our Maintenance Department who will be defiantly considering the bathrooms upon our next refurbishment.

As for the sofa bed, there may have been a miscommunication through housekeeping which I will follow up.

Thank you again for your feedback, I hope to welcome you back to the Novotel again in the near future.

Kinds regards,