“Good bar/restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gigi's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Gigi's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wollongong
“Good bar/restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I like the fact that you can have lunch or just a coffee or something light to eat and a wine there. Great risotto. Good coffee.

Visited March 2013

work
“Disappointing experience - Again. NOT recommended.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been to Gigi's a few times now and each time I’m left disappointed.

The food here is normally hit and miss and my latest visit was no exception.

The entree was quite good (Sicilian Arancini) however the main meal (Pollo alle Noci- pan fried chicken breast) was average at best. The chicken was under cooked and still a little pink whilst the mash potato (?) it was served on was cold, like it had been plated up 20 minutes prior to being served. I noticed that the clear majority of people at our table did not finish their meals, a strong statement in itself.

Service was very slow – We waited over 1.5hrs for entrée’s to be served despite pre ordering our meals from the set menu 2 days in advance! Granted, they were busy however I find a wait of over 1.5hrs to be excessive even on the busiest days. The slow service and excessive wait times continued with the main meals.

Gigi’s seems to be heavily under staffed and most staff members did the best job they could despite being run off there feet.

The real disappointment of the night came when after 1.5hrs of waiting for the entrée’s to be served I made enquires to a staff member who I assume was the manager, about the expected wait time. Instead of answering my question and being apologetic about the wait times he became defensive and argumentative. The way he handled my enquiry was extremely disappointing and I found his reply to be rude and arrogant.

I would NOT recommend Gigi’s.

For those wondering why I return despite my negative experiences - I only return when I am not the person choosing the restaurant e.g. when invited to an anniversary or birthday dinner etc. If it was up to me I wouldn't eat there again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 3640264
“Great Night!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Come to Gigi's with 13 friends and we had a ball!! Food was great and service was very quick with smiles all round. Particularly enjoyed the fact that we were seated in front of large very busy open kitchen and could hear that they were having a good time too, joking and laughing, made it even better!! Food awesome! Service Awesome, we'll be back!!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Kara_pop
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friends recomended this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Because my girlfriend is a vegetarian and im not we have to pick a place that caters for both of us. Fortunately, Gigi's had no problem looking after our needs. The owner(or matre,de as he called himself! ) was a real character and really looked after us, thanks

1 Thank knightlyM
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I enjoyed the zupa de mare while my wife wouldn't share her veal scallopene :-) we thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service was great. Will recommend to friends and family.

1 Thank wapb