“Just stunning”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

After sampling the finest restaurants in Europe in the past year, no matter what meal either breakfast, lunch, or dinner this wonderful place is right up there with the best food and service around. I highly recommend GIGIs for a great meal

2  Thank Gallinar07

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This is exactly how it should be done. Great service, atmosphere and superb italian menu. All 4 of us will be back soon. thanks guys. Eggplant entree and Mare e Monte are my two recommendations!!

3  Thank Fishy1974
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Not only did we have one of the best meals we have had in Wollongong for a while, but our waitress was so attentive (which is a big plus) and the atmosphere at Gigi's is very homely. We really did enjoy every part of our dining experience! We will be back!

4  Thank CarmichaelB
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I just reviewed this at another site, and feel compelled to share my experience. I have never felt the need to come rate a restaurant, even though have been to so many. Here was my review...

After having been recommended this restaurant, if you can call it that, we decided to give it a try. We had an early booking, which may have contributed to the fact that food did not take overly long to arrive.

However, the minute we were shown our table - on a hot & humid day, with the sun about to set - I knew right then that there was no thought in where we were seated. Right by the window for the sun to blare right at us through our entire meal. How could you not utilise the air conditioning on such a day for customer's comfort is beyond me.

In Summary:

My husband ordered the steak & balmain bug dish. The worst he has ever eaten. We've eaten at a lot of places, some great, some average, but this was by far the worst. Steak was full of fatty bits that had been left on, it was obviously not fresh & poor quality of meat, the sauce was tasteless. There were 2 small potatoes that were meant to be roasted but were rock hard, with some sort of wilted vegetable under it all.

I ordered the chicken breast snitzel. All I will say is that the local pizza shop around the corner sells better snitzel at less than half the price. It is served on a wooden block which had me wondering about the food satefy issues associated with that. The kids meal had more chips than the adult main. Can you please at least try a different batter? It was disgusting.

Not to mention that several times we had to ask for items that were not brought out with the food, but which were listed on the menu as part of the meal. For instance, the lemon with the calamari entree, or the aoili (which I can find better quality for in the supermarket).

The calamari was obviously not fresh, and all I could taste was old oil and a horrible flour taste left in my mouth.

I wish there was something good I could say, other than, not having waited too long for the food to be served. I will never eat here again. I have never felt compelled to come straight home and write a review in my life, until now.

Get your act together Wollongong, it's pathetic the lack of options for half decent food in this region. People need to start demanding better food and service.

This place advertises fresh food made on the premises daily. We've been around long enough to know that is complete bollocks. I can buy better stuff out of jars from Woolies.

And to have spent that much money on such a wasteful, terrible experience... so, so disappointing.

Now to go try get rid of the residual foul taste in my mouth from a terrible meal...

2  Thank Lani B
Reviewed January 12, 2013

long wait maybe associated with being a sat evening. In the main the service was poor and inattentive feel would have waited forever if I had not approached staff. Food fairly tasteless and unispiring, ambience very cafeteria like and heavy background noise. In all would suggest think hard before trying.