“A great foodie experience”

Coldwater Creek Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #206 of 442 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Need a place just for you? Sharing a celebration, meeting a client or just escaping the world. Sage Hotel Wollongong is pleased to welcome Sanju Singh to the team. “I want my food to be provocative and challenging to the palate, but in a way in which ingredients are treated with an abundance of care,” said Sanju. His cooking style is Modern Australia with an Asian influence. Whatever it is, a trip to Coldwater Creek Restaurant & Bar always starts and ends with a smile. Feast on a selection of house-made dishes from the freshest ingredients, washed down with great tasting draught craft beers.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

You know how you go out hoping that your diner will be enlightening, entertaining and new, well, c-grill was so great i had the feeling that I was loosing my virginity. Wine list too short, AC a disaster, food very expensive but worth it.

1  Thank brWollongong
There are newer reviews for Coldwater Creek Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had dinner here with some girl friends as we wanted to try some where new and classy with good food, it met all our expectations!

The food was AMAZING and the best steak I've had in a long long time, was cooked to perfection and the sides were delicious.

After the mains we were definitely satisfied but we had to try the death by chocolate dessert platter. OMG it was delicious, good balance between rich chocolate and subtle, to meet all chocolate needs! Needless to say the girls and I LOVED it.

The service was also very good, very attentive and we felt well looked after, some of the best service I have experienced in Wollongong.

Would definitely dine here again!

1  Thank Lauren1989_12
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We visited the C-Grill (convenient for us as we were staying in the hotel). Was quiet and the temp was really cold, we left our coats on the whole time. We had oysters to start - unfortuately they came out cold. We thought maybe they intended to serve them that way. After an embarrassing 5 mins we asked the waiter & they were heated up for us. Mains came - steaks were nice - again, I'm not sure if we were just unlucky on this particular night but our lobsters were cold. We didn't want to complain again - so we ate them as is and left.
Would I go again - I would say not. For what it was - it was expensive. I don't mind paying for great food but I am surprised by some of the other reviewers comments.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Some friends were coming to Wollongong for the weekend. We wanted to go somewhere nice for tea. So i did the usual thing and went straight to tripadvisor. C Grill caught my eye. I wanted somewhere nice that we could all talk and hear each other without having to yell over loud music or other patrons (there were 7 of us). An something other than italian or thai. I am so glad i chose this restaurant. Nice, clean but lacking a bit in atmosphere but on the overall giving 4 stars. Could do with a bit of color through a few pictures or photos. But onto the food and service. The staff were excellent. I was a bit worried regarding the meat/steaks based on the other reviews. I was going to tell my friends not to order the steak but decided against this. I thought i would give the restaurant a chance. I am glad I didn't say anything. My partner had the Wagu and said it was cooked to perfection and was excellent. 4 of the others had the reef/beef. Steak with lobster. They all said the beef was very good and cooked perfectly to there liking. The meat portion was large so all were impressed. The lobster wasn't a bad size, (kitten) but the mornay sauce the lobster was in they said was lacking in flabour and a bit more cheese/salt would have done the trick. More of a white sauce? but on the overall they all demolished there dinner. The complimentary slices of bread with dipping oil and dukkah were nice. We only had wine and a main meal but would definetely come back to try something else again. I had the salmon which was really nice. My only compliant would be it was cooked a bit more than i usually like, but i should have said i wanted it rarer. But was happy with the way it tasted and was presented. It wouldn't have wanted it to be cooked any more though. on the overall nice place to take business clients, friends, couples or if you were staying in the hotel. Not the most romantic place for dinner but the tables were far enough apart for privacy. there is about 8 lounge chairs before entering the restaurant so you can have a pre dinner drink or downstairs there is a small coffee/bar area for drinks also. overall i was impressed and would recommend this to friends and i would go back again. As others have said a hidden gem, reasonable prices for a more upmarket restaurant. Not much of a view though. But great if you just want to talk and catch up or talk business.

1  Thank ozveildancer
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Being a local, it is hard to find a good restaurant in this town. After going to C Grill at the Chifley Hotel, I was very impressed. The food is absolutely amazing! And the staff very friendly, although it seemed the lady managing the floor seemed flustered on a quiet night. I had the lamb salad which was fresh, flavorsome and cooked to perfection. We shared the death by chocolate for dessert which was HUGE! You will not walk away hungry from this restaurant! The only negative thing was the temperature in the foyer and the restaurant, it was freezing! But our friendly waitor fixed it for us in the restaurant.

1  Thank am4mb