“Great Value Deal”

Keiraview Accommodation
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for one night in Keiraview and all in all there is nothing bad to say about, especially considering the great value. It is located in Walking distance of Wollongong CBD and there are plenty of Restaurants nearby. We did not experience any disturbances and noise that is mentioned in other reviews but it is a Student home and probably not something for all age classes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GuenterD1980

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel (sep) and found it just great the rooms are big for the price paid and include extras like a sofa and kitchen area that is surprisingly well equipped like chopping boards utensils and glasses plates etc
.An added bonus in our room was a huge balcony, nicely decorated,and wonderfully quiet yet right in the middle of town with heaps of restaurants to choose from including Amigos mexican restaurant that has been there for over 30 years and definately worth a visit..... Overall i cannot fault this place very highly recommended indeed

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wenoSydney
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is the first time and last time I will ever stay here the noise was terrible the people below us used power tools on god know what in there room at all hours of the night, people kept knocking on the door at all hours and couldn't speak or understand a word of English, the management should stay here for a couple of nights and see.
The place was dirty and unkept.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David J
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Keiraview. The first time was just the worsted I have ever experience. It was noisy dirty and smelly. Other guest were noisy and started fighting outside someone's room three doors down from us, all night I could hear the upstairs toilet flashing. This time the carpets were disgusting, the room smelt like dog wee. You can't tell me uni students were causing a fuss as two grown adults were having a domestic outside our room at 2:30am in the morning. The walls are paper thin, and we had to buy Air freshener to spray Round just sleep in the room. So my advice is don't do it, don't stay here. It's just not worth it.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Keiraview consists of two parts - one is the YHA, and the other is the hotel.
I was staying in a hotel room. These rooms have a kitchenette and cost around AUS$90 a night - the longer you stay, the cheaper it gets.

The hotel rooms and furniture are fairly basic, but clean. The rooms are not overly quiet, especially if you have a room giving to the street. The aircondition units are slightly older, hence more audible as newer models.
Cleaning staff is doing its rounds between 8-10h which can be irritating if you want to sleep in.

Seen the price and the location however this is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked a room with 1xDouble + 1 single Beds on a recent 3 Day visit to Woolongong Booking was changed and got a pull out bed which when pulled out you have climb over to get to the Bathroom with broken fittings and a shower that flooded the floor...Carpets were filthy, The room was Very noisy with people on the next level & next door could be heard walking around ,closing doors & Talking in the early hours.Balcony was in need of a good scrub. Parking is very limited. When we requested a room change we were told that we would have to book out and book back in after 2pm. Custromer service is very limited Bordering on Rude.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was pretty hesitant to stay here after the reviews I read on tripadvisor. However, I went there during uni holidays, so perhaps that was why it was not as noisy as others have reported. I stayed in a motel room, and it was really nice, new modern bedding. For the price I paid, I was really happy. I was within walking distance to the malls, woolies and where I needed to go for the conference I was attending. My room smelt a little funky (I suspect the carpet was pretty old) but I opened the door to my balcony every afternoon and that cleared it out. The bathroom was good, the warnings about not leaving the door open to let steam set off the fire alarm were a little disconcerting, especially as the fan in the bathroom wasn't working. The kitchenette was useful, however the only way to cook was using the microwave, so microwave dinners were the way to go. The staff were all really friendly and helpful, I could store my luggage during the day I checked out, and when I had a problem with my door keys they fixed it straight away. Overall, I would recommend this place. Yes, it's not glamorous, but it suited my needs and wasn't scary gross.

Room Tip: My room was facing the road, although it was slightly noisy when people were outside the front it ha...