“Alright option in Wollongong”

Keiraview Accommodation
Zurich, Switzerland
“Alright option in Wollongong”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Keiraview consists of two parts - one is the YHA, and the other is the hotel.
I was staying in a hotel room. These rooms have a kitchenette and cost around AUS$90 a night - the longer you stay, the cheaper it gets.

The hotel rooms and furniture are fairly basic, but clean. The rooms are not overly quiet, especially if you have a room giving to the street. The aircondition units are slightly older, hence more audible as newer models.
Cleaning staff is doing its rounds between 8-10h which can be irritating if you want to sleep in.

Seen the price and the location however this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked a room with 1xDouble + 1 single Beds on a recent 3 Day visit to Woolongong Booking was changed and got a pull out bed which when pulled out you have climb over to get to the Bathroom with broken fittings and a shower that flooded the floor...Carpets were filthy, The room was Very noisy with people on the next level & next door could be heard walking around ,closing doors & Talking in the early hours.Balcony was in need of a good scrub. Parking is very limited. When we requested a room change we were told that we would have to book out and book back in after 2pm. Custromer service is very limited Bordering on Rude.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wollongong hotels

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was pretty hesitant to stay here after the reviews I read on tripadvisor. However, I went there during uni holidays, so perhaps that was why it was not as noisy as others have reported. I stayed in a motel room, and it was really nice, new modern bedding. For the price I paid, I was really happy. I was within walking distance to the malls, woolies and where I needed to go for the conference I was attending. My room smelt a little funky (I suspect the carpet was pretty old) but I opened the door to my balcony every afternoon and that cleared it out. The bathroom was good, the warnings about not leaving the door open to let steam set off the fire alarm were a little disconcerting, especially as the fan in the bathroom wasn't working. The kitchenette was useful, however the only way to cook was using the microwave, so microwave dinners were the way to go. The staff were all really friendly and helpful, I could store my luggage during the day I checked out, and when I had a problem with my door keys they fixed it straight away. Overall, I would recommend this place. Yes, it's not glamorous, but it suited my needs and wasn't scary gross.

Room Tip: My room was facing the road, although it was slightly noisy when people were outside the front it ha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank iloveafrica27
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed in this accommodation for three nights with my parents. The room was very clean and the location was great, an easy walk to the center of town however the room we got ( family room) was tiny! It had a double bed and bunk beds. The room would be ok for two people but for three it was cramped and I would hate to think how squashed you would be with 4 people in there. Apart from that the service was good. Walls were very thin ( could hear the next door neighbors talking). I would probably not stay here again but for budget accom it is pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012