Sage Hotel Wollongong
Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$152
$131
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Beach Park Motel(Wollongong)
$114
Best Western City Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$130
Flinders Motel(Wollongong)
$125
$121
  • Free Internet
Quality Suites Pioneer Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$103
$99
Agoda.com
Quest Wollongong(Wollongong)
$166
$160
Hotwire.com
1,910 results
All reviewswin stadiumgreat locationgolf coursecoffee machinebuffet breakfastgreat roomroom servicebed was very comfortablewould stay againbusiness tripbalcony roomfree parkingacross the roadstaff were friendlysaturday nightweddingconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is well located and the rooms are adequate. Its typical of the somewhat Spartan 4 star genre but, although the building appears new, some things like the carpet and bathroom grout are already starting to look tatty. The bathroom needs a bottle of strong bleach.
The true difference between a good hotel and an ordinary one is the way the management treat their guests and it was here that I was disappointed. We had booked in for three nights but a family emergency arose so we explained the situation and asked if we could be let off the extra night and check out early. The answer was a rather long-winded 'no'.
This insistence on sticking to the rules when folks have genuine emergencies needs to be stamped out of the travel industry and for this reason I recommend boycotting the Chifley.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear qzqi7zSydney.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

My sincere apologies for not providing you with an enjoyable experience. I have taken note of your comments in relation to the room and trust I will personally address this with our teams. On the note about having to leave early due to an emergency, I would like to opportunity to discuss this with you further. May I encourage you to make contact with me on 4201 2111.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

staying at the Chifley hotel at Wollongong is a great experience it is a great location to stay at central to everything and when going to the football no need to drive just step out of the hotel and you are there if wanting to see the sites around wollongong the hotel is your base and you just decide where you want to go everything is so close and the staff at the hotel are sensational wonderful brilliant and the hotel offers a great deal and they really make you feel at home and so relaxing as well, the hotel has everything you need and if they do not have they will get it for you or organise it for you, a great hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: all rooms are terrific just ask for the type of rooms but the views are sensational but rooms with balconys are terrific but very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grahamandkay

Dear grahamandkay,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guest have had a great experience and even more delighted to read that you continue to use Chifley Wollongong.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Chifley Wollongong. Should you require any further assistance prior to your next arrival, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night and was very happy with every aspect. Located near everything you need. Whisper quiet location and staff were happy to accommodate early check in and late check out. Great size rooms and we even had a view of the beach when standing on the verandah

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank salmonator
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear salmonator,

Thank you for taking the time to post your most recent experience at the Chifley Wollongong.
We are pleased you enjoyed the complete Chifley experience during your stay and our convenient location here in Wollongong.

We appreciate your feedback and I will share this with our Team which they stirve to ensure a positive guest experience is delivered at all times.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here while attending a Conference in Wollongong. The room was great with a small balcony overlooking the swimming pool area. The King size bed was very comfortable and a good nights sleep was a great bonus. The room was quite large and well appointed. I ordered room service on one night, and was surprised at the rather large serving, the meal was freshly cooked and very enjoyable when you're hungry!! Breakfast was the normal smorgasbord, with a good variety of cereals, cooked foods, pastries etc. would definitely stay here again. Oh and front of house staff were friendly and welcoming no matter what time I either rang or walked past reception. Thanks for a great stay

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne M

Dear Anniem55,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, and your overall experience of the Hotel was so positive. We always strive to ensure every guests experience is positive and enjoyable as your recent trip was.

I will pass onto our team your comments who will appreciate this wonderful recommendation of our facilities, food and renowned service.

Should your travels bring you back to Wollongong, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and have you stay with us again. If I can be of any assistance please contact me directly on 4201 2111.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed here one night for a work conference. Modern facilities, great food and attentive staff. The rooms are comfortable and stylish although the fridge is quite noisy and there were a few issues in the bathroom (fan did not work, soap holder in shower was loose and some dark scuff marks on the floor tiles). On the first day the lifts were quite slow with many of my colleagues utilizing the fire stairs. On the second day one lift was not working and the second one was extremely slow, resulting in our conference beginning half an hour late. If these issues can be attended to, the Chifley will be the place to stay in Wollongong.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear 29plymouth,

Thank you for posting your comments following your conference at Chifley Wollongong.

Naturally, I was disappointed to read about your personal experience and I can understand your frustration over the matter and for which I apologise. Please be assured I have personally addressed your comments with our team.

Our staff are our greatest asset and I am pleased they have met your needs during your stay at the Hotel during your conference.

I hope we will have the privilege of serving you again in the not too distant future.

Should your travels bring you back to Wollongong, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and have you stay with us again. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me directly on 4201 2111.