Sage Hotel Wollongong
Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$152
$131
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Beach Park Motel(Wollongong)
$114
Best Western City Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$130
$154
$121
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
Quality Suites Pioneer Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
$103
$99
Agoda.com
Quest Wollongong(Wollongong)
$166
$160
1,910 results
All reviewswin stadiumgreat locationgolf coursecoffee machinebuffet breakfastgreat roomroom servicebed was very comfortablewould stay againbusiness tripbalcony roomfree parkingacross the roadstaff were friendlysaturday nightweddingconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The Chifley Wollongong is located within walking distance of South beach, the city centre, and Wollongong Harbour.

I was given this stay as a birthday and I was pleased overall. The hotel is very new and everything still has the 'new' sheen on it. The staff we met were polite, and the room was well equipped.

After checking out, the person who had booked the room said they had paid extra so I would have a room with a balcony. However, the room I had been given didn't have. This was the only negative related to my stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond W
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Dear camsean,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your recent stay at Chifley Wollongong.

I am pleased to learn that your overall stay was enjoyable and that the team were able to add to a great experience. Please accept my apologies for not providing you with a room with a balcony, I will ensure I personally follow this up with our Front Office team.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday and should you wish to return to Wollongong, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

Enjoyed my whole stay here at Chifely. Had great views of the golfcourse (stayed in a deluxe room) and during the promotional period got a great upgrade for a good price!. It rained during our stay so couldn't use the pool but nevertheless the rooms were great and aircon worked like a breeze. Would stay here each time i visit Wollongong without a doubt as long as the price doesnt reach sky high. The only downfall was that the restaurant was closed (It was a public holiday) so although we had vouchers for the restaurant, we had to use them at the bar instead (would have been nicer if someone let us know at time of booking)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear h01id4y,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback therefore trust I will personally share your comments with our team. I am pleased that we were able to offer you an upgrade and delighted to read that you enjoyed the views from your room.

On this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of communication regarding the operating hours of our restaurant during this public holiday period. I will ensure that we review our internal processes so that we continue to provide a high level of service.

Should you return to Wollongong, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Chifley Wollongong. Please let me know if you require any additional assistance prior to your next visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed at the Chifley as part of a Chris Isaak package. We had a warm welcome from the reception staff who were both efficient and pleasant. The rooms were modern and spacious with a huge plasma tv and balcony. The beds are the most comfortable I have slept in, which is important to me when I stay away from home. After the concert we decided to have a couple of cocktails in the lobby bar. The bar area had a great vibe and the cocktails were really nice. I recommend the lychee martini. Again the staff were welcoming and friendly. I would definitely stay here again. As part of our package we also had free parking and late check out which was a great deal. The only thing that was average was room service after 10pm. Also there is a pool which I dipped my foot in and it felt really warm.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Dear Nowandthentraveller,

It is always pleasing to receive positive feedback and trust I will pass on your comments our teams. I am particularly delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay and felt that our lobby bar added to a great experience. Thank you for making note of the comfort of our beds as this is truly a feature of all our rooms.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and should you return to Wollongong, we look forward to welcoming you back to Chifley Wollongong.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Good location, big room.

Staff at front desk were friendly.

Encountered some staff in elevator who were having an inappropriate conversation regarding some of the other staff, which i did not really want to hear.

I called house keeping to get some cutlery delivered for some takeaway i'd brought back to the room for my sick partner only to wait and wait and wait. I ended up going down to the restaurant to get it myself. No one was in the restaurant- customers or staff so I just took some off a table. I should of helped myself to the wine as well...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear Theshonkoftonk,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments from your recent stay.

I am disappointed to learn that your stay was marked by a couple of inappropriate dealings with our team members. On this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your comments and trust I will personally address your concerns with our heads of department. Should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail, I welcome you to contact me directly on 4201 2111.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

I've been staying at other major hotels in Wollongong, but this is great in comparison. Lovely views and well located for access to restaurants. The room was very comfortable with a spacious balcony and well fitted out bathroom with seperate shower and bath tub.
The buffet breakfast was good without being great, with a solid range of fruit and rather tasty bircher muesli. I havent found a better brekky in the gong's hotels. This is a new hotel, so I was expecting some teething issues, but non were apparent with everything working as it should, and topped off by very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
WOLMGR, General Manager at Sage Hotel Wollongong, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Dear SSThunder,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is always pleasing to learn that our guest had an enjoyable stay however I am most delighted to read your comments regarding our breakfast in C Grill. It is an area that we are always looking to develop, change and enhanced so that our guests continue to have a great experience. Please note I will personally pass on your comments to our Executive Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chifley Wollongong and should I be of any further assistance prior to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.