All reviewsaquatic clubacross the roadstayed hereaffordable accommodationvictoria streetpleasant staythe main streetmanning riverwould stay againsized roomgreat customer servicecomfortable bedsingle bedwalking distancelouisebathroommotel
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had I not read other previous favourable reviews I might have overlooked this accommodation that seems tucked in beside a Chinese Restaurant. We had a room upstairs that did have a glimpse of the river but it was only a short walk across the street to the river frontage. For an older Motel the décor was very "with it" - thankfully none of those faded dubious bedspreads but pure white covers with a coloured throw at the base of the bed. We had a long room that was very spacious with a Queen and two singles. The room had enough equipment to allow "self catering" for breakfast. Being an older solid construction it was very quiet and we had a sound sleep. The Motel is in the main street so it was with in easy walk of the many facilities in Taree. We walked to and ate at the Aquatic Club and had a great meal there. the manager was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GreyD
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Despite the outside appearance, this place is very nice and the pictures on the website show how nicely appointed the rooms are.

By looking at the cars in the car park you can tell that this place is liked by those who want something nicer than "the norm" to stay at.

Staff are excellent and explained the nearest food outlets, etc when I checked in. Internet is free and quite fast. The owners are both lovely people and very willing to accommodate people like myself who arrived late.

Rooms are a good size and the beds are excellent. Very relaxing :)

My only disappointment is the bathrooms are VERY dated compared with the bedrooms. The sheet toilet paper dispenser does look rather out of place too.

In fairness I'm not sure if the bathrooms are due for renovation though, as the rooms have had recent renovations. It may have also just been my room.

If the bathrooms get renovated though, it will be a VERY nice place, in an excellent location.

Would I stay again? In an answer, YES. However next trip I will be staying furthur north as a 6hr drive between accommodation takes its toll.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed overnight on our return home to Sydney from Surfers. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom.
Will definitely be staying there again on our next trip north. Thanks to Peter; keep up the good work.

Bruce A.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce A
Reviewed April 10, 2013

When I was a rep I would stay here every time I travelled through Taree (every 4 months). I would stay in the basic motel room on the ground floor. These have been renovated in the last year. They were always clean and of good quality. My most recent stay was with my husband and we stayed upstairs in one of the deluxe rooms. These are really nice motel rooms! Nice and spacious with a great big bed and nice pillows. I highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: Any room that I stayed in was quiet. I never had any problems.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robyn T
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in March 2013. The owner, Peter, couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. If we had questions he was never to busy to help us out. He took us out to the road to point out eating places and what they served. The motel was in a great location, near the town centre and close to the Malls. The room was very comfortable and clean. It had a fridge, etc. and a loveseat, which was nice. If we ever have the opportunity again we wouldn't hesitate to stay there and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple