“Beware the cockroach!”

Comfort Inn Country Plaza Taree
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Taree
Reviewed November 14, 2011

On arrival I was impressed with the motel. It was modern, clean and very comfortable. You could hear some traffic noise from the road but not enough to keep you awake. However I was woken up by surprise at 6am with the feeling of something crawling over me. I jumped out of bed and flung what was crawling on me across the room. It turned out to be a huge cockroach! It is probably a one in a million chance that this would happen to you at this motel, however on checkout when I mentioned that they might want to get a pest spray done as I was woken up to a cockroach crawling over me in bed, she merely commented that it was due in the next couple of weeks and she had seen heaps of cockroaches. One would think that if they already knew this they would get the pest spray done before it was due! We were not given any compensation or much of an apology which makes me reluctant about staying there again as they didn't seem overly concerned with our satisfaction of our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank DeLaw11

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here at the end of the Easter/Anzac Day long weekend. I had been visiting my Grandmother in the nursing home over the road and when it was clear she was dying I decided to stay on in Taree. I went over to the hotel and they only had one or two rooms left, they had been charging a premium for the long weekend but when I mentioned why I needed to stay they reduced the tariff for me. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice well appointed rooms, I had a very quiet undisturbed sleep. This hotel is a little more expensive than others in Taree but it is definitely a step above.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Fiona I
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Very well appointed rooms, great bed and pillows, but being close to a main road it was very noisy, and really should have double glazing.

All in all a very nice place, being woken by trucks at 4 am, made it a dissapointing stay, I will go back to my usuall hotel in twon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Graham D
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I travel to Taree almost every month for work and always stay here. The rooms feel very new, are extremely comfortable and immaculately clean. I feel like I'm staying in a city hotel wvwry time I stay here. The room service available is fairly basic but extremely tasty and the staff are very helpful. The bathrooms are very modern and clean and there are a couple of extra Foxtel channels from the norm offered. I love staying here, it's the highlight of my trip as I feel very much at home and sleep soundly, I look forward to it every month.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Deletta
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Me & my girlfriend stayed at the Country Plaza Motel in Taree on a road trip from Sydney to Noosa Heads in November 2008 (we were originally planning to travel all the way to Cairns (but it was just too far in the end & there's not much to see on the way i am afraid). This was part of our around the world trip 2008. All i can say is if you are thinking of stopping off in Taree, stay here. We had already read one of the reviews on Tripadvisor before we arrived in Taree & after visiting the excellent Tourist Information centre not far away from the motel to check what deals were on offer we went to have a look at 2 or 3 other motels in town such as the Best Westerm etc before going to the Country plaza. In my mind there is no other competition in Taree to this motel. It has been refurbished to a very high standard (modern & contemporary natural colours throughout, nice shower, LCD TV, DVD etc) & although the rooms are not huge they are very clean, comfy & have everything you need. The lady manager on reception was one of the friendliest people we met on our whole trip, really nice & welcoming. After going out in Taree for a few drinks at one of the local excellent hostelries (pubs) we headed back to our lovely ground floor room to try the room service. I can't remember what we ordered but it was asian food & it was delicious as was the full cooked breakfast in the morning. Probably the nicest breakfast i had on the whole trip! We liked the motel & the friendly service so much we decided to stay again on the return leg of our road trip back to Sydney & the lady manager was as friendly & welcoming as the first time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oldham74
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I chose to stay in Taree as it was half way between Brisbane and Canberra. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is a 4* motel in town and the rates were not too far off the other 3* motels. It is also part of the Comfort motel chain and eligible for Qantas Frequent Flyer points.

My room was on the ground floor and although small very nicely appointed. They have recently refurbished the rooms and have installed card locks for the doors. Inside there was tea/coffee making facilities, flat screen TV with DVD player and microwave (for heating up baby food - not cooking). The bed was very comfortable with a good mattress and pillows. The bathroom was clean and modern.

The reception staff were attentive and helpful. My kettle wasn't working properly and they quickly replaced it when I called through.

The breakfast menu was reasonably extensive and I liked the fact that I could order just toast and coffee and not be charged a fortune (I think it was about $2.50 for toast). There is room service for dinner which I didn't use.

I would happily stay overnight at the motel again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank smulholland24
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We were travelling to Brisbane from Ballarat for the funeral of our grandchildren's other grandfather. We had appointments in Canberra and Sydney, prearranged before news of the funeral but as two of the grandchildren were with us we needed to contiunue to Brisbane. Our Sydney appointments meant we were later leaving than expected. It was school holidays so we were concerned we would not get accommodation easily. We decided to stay in Taree overnight and looked on the sides of the highway for a motel. There were no motels there so we had to go in to Taree from the northern end. The first motel had a No Vacancy sign so we went on to the caravan park where there were only tent sites available.

The next motel was the Country Plaza. There was a Family Room available. We were very warmly greeted at Reception by the young lady who is managing the motel. She made sure we had everything we needed. She was very pleasant and helpful. She directed us to a nearby restaurant where we had an lovely meal. The room was very clean and pleasant. It had plenty of room and was very comfortable. The shower and toilet area was also very clean. In the morning the children wanted a swim and the pool was very clean and the landscaping very pleasant. I enjoyed sitting in the poolside chairs watching the children. We enjoyed our short stay there. I would highly recommend this motel. If we are passing by this way again we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Heatherjoy