“Clean basic room, friendly staff.”

All Seasons Country Lodge
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Taree
Gold Coast, Australia
“Clean basic room, friendly staff.”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed overnight on-route to Sydney. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and we spent a very small amount to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnsiesonHol
Ctrl_Coast, Manager at All Seasons Country Lodge, responded to this review, January 28, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Salamander Bay, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Room had been renovated, very clean and comfortable, excellent position just coming into Taree, and extremely quiet. Had a good night sleep. Towels could be replaced and then all would be excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bubcurl
Ps We have replaced our towels now. :-)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was a one night stop over on my drive from Sydney to Surfers Paradise.
I paid 95 AUD. Cash.
Free internet but completely useless. The speed was so bad it was unusable. I was so tired I did not insist on getting it fixed.
THe lady at the front desk was very nice. I needed an AU power plug adapter and she went looking for one in her storage. Sure enough, she found 2. Nice!
The rooms are clean.
The whole place reminded me of those scary movies where everyone ends up dead! I had not stayed at a motel for a long time so it was good to be reminded of the old college days.
Did I say it was clean?
You can park your car right outside the room.
All rooms are on ground level.
There is a pool but nto sure who would use it.
It does the job is really what I would conclude. Do not expect much. It is a motel like so many you find in the US in the middle of nowhere.
GPS did not figure out the location correctly. Just remember it is 300 m from a bridge.
Not sure I would stay here again but not because of the quality of the place: just not my cup of tea, especially with family. I would stay closer to the beach if I had to do it again, even for an overnight.

Room Tip: Useless internet speed.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Sydney
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a one night stopover at this lovely motel. The owners obviously care a lot about making everyone's stay as good as it can possibly be. The room was average size but very comfortable and much better than you would expect for $95. The bathroom was totally renovated , so nice and new and spotless. They also provide lots of little extras like cutlery and plates and even a little bowl with cloth and detergent so you can wash your cups etc.TV was also great with extra movie channels. The bed and pillows were very clean and comfortable. The view of the sun rising through the trees at the back of the motel was stunning. The motel is not in the heart of the town but out a little bit and so very quiet. It was very easy to find and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holiday-lover27
Thank you for the lovely review.
Hopefully we will see you again when your in Taree.
Wauchope, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Having stayed in a number of hotels in Taree I am aware that many of them are tired and run-down. So rather than choosing one of the hotels I had visited before I thought I would go with this one based on the positive reviews. I have to say I was very disappointed.
All I wanted was a clean, quiet place to sleep on a long drive. Unfortunately due to the glass fronted room the light shone in through the curtains brightly through the night, meaning I was not able to achieve a deep sleep. The old air conditioner was very noisy and made a loud shuddering noise whenever the thermostat turned it on or off waking me completely from my fitful slumber. I couldn't turn the air conditioner off because the room would not hold its heat due to the glass frontage. To top off the bad sleep the bed was extremely hard.
The cups we used for our tea were not clean, tea and coffee stains were clear and grimy looking. The overall room was tired and dowdy, there was mould spots on the bathroom ceiling and a lot of cobwebs in both the bathroom and bedroom. If I'd wanted a room of this standard I could have payed $55 for one of the very basic motels right in town, and they would have at least been darker.
The staff were fine, but not friendly and welcoming.
I won't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Fiona I
Ctrl_Coast, Owner at All Seasons Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Hi Fimum
Not sure what to say!
Without your name or date you stayed I cant check back but are you sure you stayed here because what you described is not our rooms and is the oposite to what everyone else has said?
Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The availability of wifi was the reason we booked this hotel on wotif. However the connection was incredibly unreliable and slow, rendering attempts to use the internet very frustrating and ultimately futile.
Please note also that this town has TWO '110 Manning River Road' - we drove around for some time before calling the hotel to confirm its address. It turns out this town has two roads under the very same name.
The service was helpful and friendly, the room tidy with expected amenities and the location (once provided over the phone) easy to access. Apart from wifi - very recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ctrl_Coast, Owner at All Seasons Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Hi Qwokka
Really happy you enjoyed your stay here.
We haven’t had anyone comment on the WIFI before and we do appreciate your feedback. I am not sure which room you were in but we will get our IT Technician to check it out just in case we have a dead spot or something isn’t working as it should be and needs to be replaced or repaired.
Anyway thanks again for the feedback. Your comments help us improve our motel and keep it to the highest standards.
Owners
Paul and Judy Cox
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Even though there is a large choice of motels in Taree many of them are quite old. The owners of the All Seasons are friendly and the very clean rooms and are gradually being updated. The free Wi-fi is good and should be standard in all hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family