“Good buy pricey!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have eaten her 3 times and the food has always been delicious and the service very good. It always surprises me though how expensive the food is when Italian food is not expensive to make. Perhaps that isn't the point but I really feel that Italian food should be fun, inexpensive and satisfying!
To me the whole Italian vibe should be families, noise, laughter and delicious food but you seriously could not afford to take the family often.
Having said all that the food is excellent and the service is pleasant.
To summarize - lovely food but trying to be too up market. It misses the point of a true Italian restaurant.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have enjoyed every meal I had at the Sicilian but the acoustics inside the restaurant make everything sound like it is amplified by 10 times.......a child cries and I am ready to run out screaming.....they need to do something to reduce the noise in the restaurant. I should be talking this much about the food instead of the noise levels but this is how I feel.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had dinner here last night with work colleagues and although we had to eat early because they had a function booked the pizza was excellent - very nice decor and friendly staff - recommended.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

What a find! On a long trip north from Sydney we stopped for some lunch. The restaurant was busy in this quiet town - a good sign. And quite rightly too. Friendly service, excellent quality food, nice ambiance and you could see a very clean and well kept kitchen. Highly recommended if you're in the area.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The food is excellent, the ambiance perfect, its a real gem in a general mish mash of pretty ordinary offerings in the area BUT the service is frustratingly HORRIBLE...very Country Comfort circa 1970. Its all down to training and they completely miss the mark.
We've been to lunch here 4 times and have been very vocal in our local area of our love for this place....why cant we have one of these in Forster stuff. Its a 1/2 hour drive to get there but its our 44th wedding anniversary, what the hell, we need a great night out, we will book for dinner.
A $46 bottle of wine is served with the cap on and glasses alongside...the server disappears and on questioning indicates she isn't trained in actually serving it.
Can do water, yep, but doesn't stretch to actually pouring that either.
She is however happy to come back and ask if we want a second wine bottle, we are just about 1/2 way through the first and thats pretty obvious.
Main course for 2 arrives with a 10 minute window..between each persons dish. There are now 12 people in the house, maybe a busy night. Almost one staff per customer.
My plate is removed almost as I put the last mouthful in. Surely they dont need the plates back that soon. Coffee is ordered and arrives, the staff are now frantically cleaning the place, must be closing soon surely. How did she know we didn't take sugar !, she never asked so maybe they have a sixth sense here. Sadly she never returned to ask that, no after dinner drinks, no 'would you like the bill now'.
After some time standing we approach the counter where the trainee (the badge says so) suggest he cant control the service outcome.....my comment is that if they intend to train someone.........get the TRAINER trained FIRST!.$126 for 2 people, one share bread dish and only a main and coffee each. Its only the quality of the service that can adjust the perception that its not value for money and they aint even close to the mark.

6  Thank Walter D