“Comfortable and clean motel”

Riverview Motor Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Taree
Canberra ACT
“Comfortable and clean motel”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Clean and comfortable for overnight stay. Good water pressure in showe abd nice and hot. Rooms are larger than expected and bed are comfortable. Contential breakfast was provided in the room cost and was plentiful and adequate. the owners were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oak Flats, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great Motel, clean rooms with very comfortable beds. Great river views and a nice breakfast.
The management was more then helpful throughout the booking procedures, which was a chore as i had to book 15 rooms for our group. Our whole group agreed that next time we are in Taree we would definitely use this place again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gingkin, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights in July for a conference and found the room to be very clean and tidy, also larger than expected. The bed was very comfortable, which is a great relief when staying a fair distance from home. We were welcomed with a cheerful smile and were delighted with the level of comfort of our room. Much more than what we expected with the minimal price that we had paid.

The level of customer service that we received was impeccable. Something that you would expect from a 5 star Hotel. When our transport failed to arrive for our Dinner reservation, the owner, Terry arrived as our valiant saviour and drove us to the venue so that we arrived on time, this is something that you would never have anywhere else.

On day 2 we arrived back to our room after a hasty departure (I am embarressed to say that we left it quite untidy to say the least), we came back to the bed made and our possessions (that were left strewn across the bed) delicately placed at the end of the bed, our fridge restocked with milk and kitchenette replenished with coffee and tea.

We would highly recommend a stay with The Riverview Motor Inn, and will definitely be back next time we are in Taree.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

One of my clearest memories from my visit to Taree was my terrible stay at the Riverview. The grooms mother was told she didnt have a booking, and i was told we didnt have a booking. Pointless showing me your booking sheet if they are all written in pencil. Simply proves to me you know how to use an eraser when covering up your errors.
Being the best man I spent the night with the groom in his room. He was a smoker and we were told twice quiet rudely to stop talking on the balcony otherwise we would be asked to leave. This was at 8pm and 9:00pm.
The manager and his wife were clearly not equipped with the skills to manage a motel. Sadly through their incompentence and rudeness they are driving the motel into the business.
I made sure I mention the name of the Motel several times during my speech at the wedding and many times since, as i wish my friends and their friends never experience this rudeness.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Peter_A_1973
RiverviewTaree, Owner at Riverview Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
As far as your booking, you had no confirmation number or anything. We checked few other motels and found your booking at another motel. Since we had made arrangements for you at motel next door we didn't bother to carry on about it any further and asked the motel that you did book at not to charge you.
So as it stands, you did not book at my motel, your came into my motel ranting at my wife and staff and then came back later to party. Now your upset because you were asked quieten down so my paying motel guests could get some peace and quiet.
Please note my motel is NOT a party venue. If you wish to celebrate a bucks night you need to go to a pub or club or even hire a venue.
Perhaps if you book a motel in future you could at least go to the right one. Maybe have a confirmation number or email. That way you would at least know you what motel you booked at.
I suggest if you want to party on you find the correct venue for that as well.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I were in transit to Queensland and decided to stay here. In brief, spacious room with view over river, very clean bathroom and room despite being an older building. Free to air and Foxtel television. Also included was a more than adequate continental breakfast. The friendly owners provide an exceptional offering. If you are wanting a comfortable bed, quiet location (even though the motel was fully booked when we stayed) at a great price then this is where you should stay. The MRH hotel a two minute walk down the road has good $10 pub meals on a Thursday.

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about staying here, given a couple of negative reviews
relating to the hosts' attitude to guests.

I found both hosts to be quite gregarious and accommodating - no issues at all.

The room was very practical and clean and the view over the Manning was pleasant.

The bathroom facilities were of good standard, clean and practical.

Unusually, there was no clock radio - however this didn't bother me as I never use it anyway.

The free continental breakfast was an added benefit and made the stay even better.

I would disregard the aforementioned negative reviews and would have no problem
recommending the River View Motel as a place to stay in Taree.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We needed to find a place to stop on our drive up to QLD before Easter and based on reviews and the price (much better than anywhere else), decided to go with RiverView.

The managers/owners here are just lovely. Check in was so friendly and helpful and welcoming after a long day on the road. We had a room on the top floor (standard 2 storey hotel) with a queen bed and single. The motel is set back from the main road in Taree and we didn't hear any road noise.

The room was lovely and clean and quite spacious. The view out the window was just divine - right over the Manningham River where we could watch boats and birds all afternoon. My toddler was a big fan of this, especially considering a disused small train track was right below us. This is a haven for families!

The beds were very comfortable and the showers were lovely and hot and great pressure.

We also decided to have dinner in the restaurant and the serves were massive and it was great home cooked foods. They were also great with our toddler - high chairs were available and they provided pencils and colouring in books to keep him occupied.

The continental breakfast was included and was a great selection of cereals, toast and condiments, fruit, yoghurt and the usual tea/coffee/juice.

I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone travelling through Taree and we will be back on our next trip up the Pacific Highway.

Room Tip: Plenty of room for a cot in the queen room w single bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family