“Good Value,very comfy”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Taree
Queanbeyan, Australia
“Good Value,very comfy”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was a pure drive by booking.We drove down the main street and then went to the best looking one.Older style rooms but $180 for a two bedroom place that slept five very comfortably.We ate at the Aquatic Club downtown.The chef is a pig.Wait staff makeup for his rudeness.Fair meal but a bit overpriced.
Lovely family run place.No frills but we got a good place at a good deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We used the Marco Polo as a bed for the night and it more than served the purpose. The room was large, bed comfortable and the bathroom and shower were perfectly adequate, although the decor of the room was a little dated.
Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and were given room number 1. Although we did not eat here, we were able to drive into the centre of Taree with ease. I am not sure I would want to stay in this area for more than one night, but if I did, I am sure the Marco Polo would be my choice of place to stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Having spent a week in Brisbane we headed home for Adelaide via the east coast with our first stop at Taree. Unfortunately, we missed the best of its location by the Manning River as it was teeming with rain on our arrival. Staff were efficient did their "thing" but lacked any real welcome. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious though the bathroom smelt somewhat mouldy initially. I like a full on hot shower but the water pressure was lacking of all the motels we stayed at on this trip. Really disappointing was the Room Service meal for what it cost. Firstly it appears the new owners have yet to update the menu as some of our first choices were not longer available. Secondly my partners "frozen" chicken schnitzel was tough as, and both our meals were at best luke warm when delivered. I would still recommend this if only for the location on a good day, but would recommend perhaps to "eat out".

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I did a ring around Taree to check rates before I booked and the Marco Polo was by far one of the best rates around. Also, because of the length of my stay they gave me a discounted rate, which was much appreciated! (I didn't ask for it).
Both on the phone, at arrival and when checking out the staff were very friendly. There are a number of dinner options in town, but I chose a roomservice meal for the first night in and was very pleased with the quality and quantity of the food, and the price was good too.
The room was quite large, the bed was good, there were plenty of foxtel channels to choose from, internet was available (at a cost) and they had good thick curtains to keep the sun out for early sleepers or late risers.
I ordered delivered meals from different rstaurants while I was there and they all knew where the hotel was, which I think is a good sign also.
There was plenty of tea, coffee etc (though I didn't use it), and the biscuits were topped up each day.
I'll definitely stay there again if I go to Taree.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
sydney
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Were put up at this hotel for the night when our train was unable to travel due to weather. The owners had woken up in the middle of the night to check about 30 of us stranded passengers in, and they were so nice and happy to help. not sure how much the room was, but i had a friend come and he was able to share the room for only an extra $10. fresh milk was offered, and they were very helpful in the morning, or whenever contacted from the room. cute little picnic area on a river out the back, very clean room, with nice furniture and a mini bar! clean bathroom too, and a great big breakfast.
Would really reccomend for service and cleanliness, unfortunatley im not sure where the motel is located in regards to town so can't comment on location.
would stay here again if travelling through.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I booked directly with the hotel. Pleasantly surprised on arrival. Nice size room and very clean with modern finish. Bathroom contains only a large walk-in shower and toilet / sink, which perhaps in its entirety needs re-doing, but is in no way terrible or uninviting.
On arrival we were offered fresh milk for the in-room tea making facility which was nice, and there is a fridge which was handy for stuff we had in a cooler bag for our drive north.
When we checked out, as we were comfortable with the hotel, we re-booked for the next week when we were driving back to Sydney, and stayed again. Would recommend as a decent, clean, friendly and comfortable place to stop.

• Liked — As I am fussy, this felt nice from right when we arrived and
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Marco Polo for one night as a stopover on a trip north. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well presented. It has a "certified" disabled room which was a bonus for us and the staff where extremely helpful. I booked by phoning the hotel direct and asked them if they had rooms with easy access for someone with limited mobility .. they explained their room, took my booking and noted on the booking that the disabled room was required (so it wouldn’t be moved for another with similar requirements). They called to confirm a few days later, then on the day of arrival.
Everything went smoothly and the room was just what we needed. The personal service you get from this owner operator hotel is perfect right down to keeping reception open until we arrived, the little bottle of fresh milk for coffee and taking our in room breakfast order several hours after the advertised closing time ..
All in all a great stay and i would highly recommend to anyone passing through or spending time in the area.

• Liked — Great Location for stopover
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)