“A Quiet and Refreshing Place”

and 1 more site!
Plumes On The Green
Ranked #4 of 15 Tamworth B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“A Quiet and Refreshing Place”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was a stop-over on the way back to Sydney. Decided to go back to this B&B that I experienced eight years ago. Nola & Greg are great Hosts and became my Good Friends from my 2004 trip.
Coming back was great and Nola had a room for me. On arrival I was surprised to find that she had upgraded me to the spa room. I throughly enjoyed the spa and the sleep was great.
The Breakfast next morning was superb.
Oh yes, the Cheese & WIne time the previous Evening was great. Its is that time where the Host & Guest connect and interact.
Glad I came back. The next visit will be sooner and definitely not after a long gap.

Room Tip: A Great Oasis in a far away place
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brisbane
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Everything about Plumes is as you would expect from a high quality B&B. Nothing is any trouble. Nola and Greg anticipate what you need. I have stayed on a regular basis and standards and service are consistently superb. It is a treat to share a drink and dinner with other guests. In all my travels it would hard to find a place which was as comfortable, with excellent hospitality and the rooms are lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms looking onto golf course have lovely outlook.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GreatTravelling
Sydney
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Wonderful place - wonderful people - best breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely - next time we would choose a spa room again.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElisaSydney
Brisbane
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I travel extensively and have yet to find a more completely delightful experience on Australian shores for a bargain price. I researched as always on Trip Advisor and it sounded too good to be true, but after staying 2 nights I can confirm the value is better than some of the old worn out hotels are charging because of all of the extras thrown in.
The rooms are really huge and beautifully decorated. The huge carved wooden bed had top quality bed linen (bath robes in the cupboard too), each room is themed in a particular bird eg we had the Rosella room and even the water jug containing purified water had a Rosella painted on it, you can have a spa room for only $10 more. (As a keen bird watcher I was delighted to view many different parrots visiting the fountain outside the dining room each day).
In the evening there is a free drink and cheese platter so guests can mingle which was fun and a nice touch.
Nola's home cooked breakfast is VERY good and that was included as well, so price wise we were better off than staying in a motel. Nola's home made pumpkin soup is to die for, the evening meal was served in the elegant dining room, the whole place feels very posh. Website photos are exactly as it is in real life. Nola and Greg are great hosts and it was lovely to be given a hug from Nola when we left. I wish Tamworth wasn't so far away so we could enjoy it all again.
PS I read the one bad review and checked it out. Those people booked on wotif.com and then complained about paying for breakfast (which is clearly stated on that website as not being included in the wotif price, so they should not whinge about it on trip advisor), we booked directly with Nola and Greg and breakfast, as well as the free evening drink and cheese platter were included. (And Nola's pumpkin soup only cost $8.00) They charge so little for such a great experience. Thank you for making our stay one to be always remembered. Jan and Becky.

Room Tip: We had a lovely big room at the front (the B and B is a long way from the highway noise unlike many...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank holidayjan
Country Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We went the Tamworth in Nov 2010 on a business trip, and Plumes was within easy walking distance of the new equestrian centre. The rooms were clean, although a bit tight on size, but very comfortable. Nola and Greg are the friendliest and most obliguing hosts, which nothing too much bother. We had drinks and nibbles in the evenings (complimentary) and a fantastic cooked (by Nola) and buffet breakfast in the mornings (also included). On the coldest weekend in Nov ever recorded, the place was cosy and warm. Nola was so helpful, and when I asked about the Tamworth Country Music Festival in Jan, she mentioned that she had just got a cancellation, so I took it. On our return, nothing was different, except it was super hot outside, and comfortably cool inside. We were upstairs this time, but equally comfortable. Nola offered some collapsible chairs for us to carry with us. Unfortunately, Nola gave us the impression that the bus that circles around is free, but at $4.60 each one way to town, we should have just taken our own car! Had a great holiday. Nola let us use her wireless internet as well, which made us feel at home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Alpaca35
Queensland
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I was recommended this B&B by another business traveller who said she stayed there regularly and was never disappointed. I was greeted by a friendly lady Nola, who invited myself to meet up for cheese and wine and to meet the other fellow visitors, which was a lovely unique touch. We then were invited to stay on for dinner, where we were offered a three course dinner. The food was home cooked and delicious, just what I needed after a on day on the road. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. I will be sure to return on all my trips through Tamworth.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank lovinallfood
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We had seen the reviews; very use to staying at B&B's around the world, but Nola and Greg have an extremely personal, highly hospital experience in store that surpassed our every expectations. The friendly wine and cheese with all around the fire, breakfast unsurpassed, nothing a problem and fantastically large/well appointed suites made the stay memorable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple