“Dirty!”

McNevins Tamworth Motel
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked this motel through the Internet as it looked very nice on the pictures. We got there and the entrance looked very inviting.
The manager showed us our room, which was way at the back. The room looked dirty. Nothing was prepared as the manager ran around and organized things. Had a family room. The second room was put out the back and looked even dirtier than the first one!!
My husband wanted to make himself a cup of coffee and discovered the spoons at food scraps on it. We left the motel immediately and found another one in Town.
It is also quite a long way into town.
Wont stay there ever and wouldn't recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Sharon S, Owner at McNevins Tamworth Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Response from Mary Rose (Tamworth Manager) to Wooly
I am the manager of McNevins Tamworth and I have no knowledge of any patron leaving the motel under the circumstances you described. We at McNevins work constantly to ensure that our guests are satisfied and comfortable.
Could you please let me know when this incident occurred and I will endeavour to rectify the issues you raised.

Reply from Wooly in response
Well it was End of October 2010. We were on a drive trip to Sydney (My husband and my Parents). My husband talked to the Man in the reception and he raised those issues to him. My parents were upset as they came all the way from overseas and certainly weren’t happy with the room. Thank you very much though for getting back to me.
Regards,
Wooly

My Response to Wooly
Thanks for letting me know the incidence happened some 2 years ago. You have clarified a lot. My name is Narelle McNevin and we own the motel in Tamworth. We were so baffled by your comment that we just had to get to the bottom of it. Our managers Mary Rose and Ian have only been at Tamworth Motel for six months and have been devastated to think that they have done something wrong because they work so hard for us and Mary Rose inspects every room after the housemaids leave to make sure the rooms are perfect for our guests. She now knows it was not her and is very relieved and will be able to sleep tonight. It was unfortunate that you had a bad experience with us some two years ago and I can only apologise.

We have owned the motel in Tamworth for six years and since then have replaced the old reception with the new reception, refurbished the restaurant and have now completely gutted 16 of the rooms including the bathrooms and refurbished them to a high standard with solid wood furniture and feature walls. My husband is an architect so no expense has been spared to bring the tired motel that we purchased six years ago to the high standard motel that it is now.

By way of compensation would you accept a free night’s accommodation at our Tamworth Motel so you can see for yourself what the motel looks like today.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Even though this place is a little out of town it is a lovely motel. Very friendly staff who are more than happy to help, beautiful comfy beds and very clean modern rooms at a very reasonable rate. The best part about this place though is the unexpectedly excellent restaurant. Really great good, we ate there three nights and everything was lovely.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thankyou Nicole and we are glad you do keep coming back. Thankyou.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stopped at McNevins Motel Tamworth on the way to Brisbane after a long journey by car and found this Motel to be a very welcome stop. The room had just been re renovated and was one of the most tastful and comfortable for the price, we have stayed in (and we have stayed in many)

Room Tip: We stayed in the very frist room on entry from the road and was expecting it to be noisy but was sur...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam G

Thankyou Pam. We are glad you like the new look of our rooms and we have accoustically separated them to improve the noise factor. Our aim is to please and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Having stayed twice en route to another destination, it is hard to find fault with this motel. Rooms are very modern and well presented and the free internet was great. Service was excellent and my host always made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thankyou Patrick
We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very happy with room, facilities & service we received on our recent stay. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Think most rooms have been refurbished recently - but there may be some older style not yet updated...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here last week with my 2 young children. The room furnishings are, without a doubt, dated but the family room was spacious, the separate bedroom for the children very much welcomed and it was all clean and surprisingly quiet bearing in mind the location on the New England highway.

I have stayed in a much more modern and much more central hotel in Tamworth for double the price and quadruple the noise....McNevins is certainly better value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EKDP0707
Reviewed October 15, 2011

great place very comfy family rooms, great bathroom, we will be going back.
great gardens for a morning walk befor travelling, very quiet. very clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family